[ST Edge] SmartThings MyQ Edge (Obsolete)

Your SmartThings hub cannot hit the URL IP/Port of the server hosting the executable. Could be Windows firewall.

Thank you Brian! The Node.js was whitelisted but not:

@brbeaird , i created the lan bridge with the docker and everything is working (I used a Libre Computer Board AML-S905X-CC 1GB). I love the option to include the door as a switch, this allows me to inlcude the gargage overhead door with SmartLock Access, nice touch.

when i was troubleshooting a different driver, i noticed some warnings with the MyQ driver and wanted to see if this was a ā€˜problemā€™ or maybe i didnt get something setup correctly

2023-01-30T16:22:11.717871670+00:00 WARN MyQ Connector  Attempted to generate event for d476face-6f91-4c40-8981-465ae11f12c4.main but it does not support capability health
2023-01-30T16:22:11.727178670+00:00 WARN MyQ Connector  Attempted to generate event for d476face-6f91-4c40-8981-465ae11f12c4.main but it does not support capability myqserveraddress
2023-01-30T16:22:11.728628670+00:00 INFO MyQ Connector  Refresh successful via http://192.168.27.43:8090. MyQ devices: 1, ST-installed devices: 1
2023-01-30T16:22:11.729882670+00:00 DEBUG MyQ Connector  MyQ-Controller device thread event handled

thanks

This is intriguing. So far, my MyQ lite is still working but I think I need to play with this. I donā€™t really have an always on PC.

I didnā€™t either but saw that a Pi was all that was need. I opted for the AML-S905X-CC 1GB because the actual Piā€™s cost is out of controlā€¦ itā€™s basically equivalent to Pi3 and got my into that space ( my 1st SBC projectļ¼‰, Iā€™m hooked now :star_struck:

1 Like

I created an account to help anyone thatā€™s trying the solution provided by JWT121. I made it work with Google Home and with an Android device. Not sure if Iā€™ll have API timeout issues but Iā€™ll report in if the solution doesnā€™t work after a certain idle period. FYI, I donā€™t have experience with iOS devices.

This is what I did to make it work:

1. Download Simple Commands (SC) for Android or LiveKey for iOS. Create an account in SC and make sure you activate it.
  2. In the SC app, link your MyQ account. Your SC app should now show you your Garage Door as an item.
  3. Tap the "Garage Doorā€™ item, and click on ā€œManage Voice Companionā€.
  4. Configure your phrases for closing and opening your garage. Pay attention to how you type the phrase as Google Home appears to be case sensitive when activating the phrase via a Google routine.
  5. In Google Home, setup a device that ā€œWorks with Googleā€ and search for ā€œKloee for SCā€. Itā€™ll ask you to link the SC account.
  6. After linking the SC account, make a Google Assistant routine to ā€œTurn on (phrase inputted in SC)ā€. Ensure the character casing matches what you inputted in SC.

Google will not tell you if the command failed or went through. I just observed my garage door opening and closing via voice command. Iā€™ve also saw on Reddit that some users experienced intermittent issues using Google Assistant and it could be due to the SC API timing out with Google, maybe. The solution discussed was to reopen SC on your device to reestablish the APIs but itā€™s not a feasible long-term solution.

Hope this helps people out!

New minor server version pushed: 1.0.2.

• Adds version check once per hour and displays a console message in case a newer version is available.
  • Fixes the below SSDP issue that I thought I fixed but actually never did. This contains rtorchā€™s PR that should fix it for real this time.
3 Likes

Hey @brbeairdā€¦ just want to say THANKS again for this awesome work ! :clap: :clap: :clap: Itā€™s really nice to be able to integrate MyQ into our SmartThings Alarms, Sensors, Routines and Device Cards !!!

1 Like

Is this automation set up right? Trying to open the garage with it but at times the garage only opens like 1 inch then stops! Any idea why?

@AZSteve do you mean there is an option in the install to have the Garage Door show up in the native ST New ā€œSmart Lock Guest Accessā€ app? What keypad do you use to control it. Or am I totally misunderstanding your use case?

I had MyQ lite hooked up to a Centralite keypad that allowed me to control the garage door with a code but the Centralite Keypad is now a paperweight because there is no Edge driver.

Thanks!

Yes, you just go into settings in the MyQ-Controller

and enable ā€˜Configure Doors as locksā€™ option

Any door you have will then show up in the Smart Lock Guest Access app

@AZSteve, thank you for the detailed response with screen shots. Iā€™m not physically at the property right for another couple of weeks but want to get everything ready to install once Iā€™m there; so your post was very helpful.

One more follow-up question. I assume it shows up in the list but not as a choice for adding codes in the ā€œGuest Accessā€ section since there isnā€™t any keypad linked to it to program codes into but it is useful for automations.

In the pre-Edge world RBoy had a driver for a few Zigbee keypads (I used a Xfinity 3400-x) that integrated with MyQ as a lock and allowed me to remotely program codes to give access to the garage.

@brbeaird, I donā€™t know how simple or complex would be to be able to link the MyQ garage doors to an external keypad that would allow SGLA to program access codes ā€“ this is assuming that someone is creating an Edge driver for the Zigbee keypads - I can provide the Zigbee Keypads DTH code to review if he helpful.

Thank you

That is a really cool featureā€¦ however, my garage doors are not showing up in Smart Lock Guest Access :frowning: Those locks shown below are for our Entry Doors (not Overhead Garage Doors).

I have MyQ Connected installed/running well, with three garage doors, and Iā€™m able to control the open/close of each door. I do have ā€œConfigure doors as locksā€ enabled in MyQ Connector.

Anything else I can check on my settings to enable this feature?

Running Windows Version 1.02

assume it shows up in the list but not as a choice for adding codes in the ā€œGuest Accessā€ section since there isnā€™t any keypad linked to it to program codes into but it is useful for automations

@Msweetmo , You be are correct, the locks do not show up in the lock code section, Iā€™m guessing itā€™s due to the lack of the ā€˜lockCodeā€™ capability, but @brbeaird can confirm

Yeah Iā€™m honestly not sure how that works. I donā€™t even see that capability listed in the docs. The main intent of the lock behavior now is just to allow setting a PIN through Alexa/Google.

@AZSteve @brbeaird

Thanks, that makes sense re Lock Codes.

However, my Overhead Garage Doors are not listed with the rest of our locks (like @AZSteveā€™s shown further below).

Iā€™m running:

• Android v12.
  • SmartThings v1.7.94.21.
  • MyQ Connector

Looks like AZSteveā€™s screenshot is a bit different. Apple?

I do have ā€œConfigure doors as locksā€ enabled in MyQ Connector and Iā€™ve tried Toggling it off/on a few times:

Anything else I can check on my settings to enable this feature?

AZSteveā€™s:

Enabling that feature does not affect any existing doors. I believe you need to remove the current garage doors and add them again after enabling ā€œConfigure doors as locksā€ in MyQ connector.

3 Likes

Hi @brbeaird - I think I downloaded the latest docker image using ā€œdocker pull brbeaird/smartthings-myq-edge:latestā€, then relaunched the image via Docker, but Iā€™m unable to tell if Iā€™m running server version 1.0.2. Am I doing this wrong or missing where to see the version?

@jkp thanks!

That did it!

All three of our Overhead Garage Doors showed up in Smart Lock Guest Access.

Worth noting: Icons display as a Door Lock (which make sense of course), instead of a Garage Door, with no option to edit the Icon.

2 Likes

If you did it that way, youā€™re more than likely on the latest version. But you raise a good point - Iā€™ll add something to output the version on startup and maybe also display it in the status endpoint.

1 Like