[ST Edge] Request: Driver for Zwave windows treatment

I have developed my own Zwave windows roller shades (windows treatment), with a Z-uno module.

With the device handlers I could just connect my roller shade controller to the ST hub, and it was recognized as a thing. I then switched the device handler to Zwave windows shade device handler, and it work perfect.
A Zwave windows treatment in principal works like a multi switch (dimmer) where you can give a value from 0 to 100, and for a dimmer it means light from 0% to 100%. On a windows treatment it works kind of opposite, when shade are closed the value is 0%, and full open, it is 100%.

I have looked into the supported devices in the fingerprint file for SmartthingsEdgeDrivers Zwave windows shade, and my shade is of course not in the list.

How do I get SmartThings to chose correct edge driver?
Can I add the the manufactor id and model to fingerprint of Zwave windows treatment, so my roller shades will be recognized correct?
Or can I switch edge driver when Samsung converted my roller shades to a β€˜thing’, to the Zwave windows treatment?

How can

Hi @Kina500

Device added to this driver version
I thought I saw that it has a battery?

Try it installing driver from my channel link

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Z-Wave Window Treatment Mc
 Version      2022-12-01T21:35:44.328568582        
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
  - id: 0115/0110/0001
    deviceLabel: Z-uno Windows Treatment
    manufacturerId: 0x0115
    productType: 0x0110
    productId: 0x0001
    deviceProfileName: window-treatment-preset-reverse

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo

This is fantastic, thank you very much :slight_smile:

Correct, I made the roller shade with the Ikea roller shade battery’s.

Can I just add the driver, as I have already your library enrolled, or should I unenroll and enroll again to get your change (new version)?

If you were already enrolled in the channel, you don’t have to do it again.

Install the driver in your hub and check that the version date is the one I put in the post or higher.

exclude your device and add it again to pair with the driver

1 Like

Hi Mariano

I just looked in the fingerprint file for the Z-wave Window Treatment Mc, and it seems that the device you added, id: 0115/0110/0001, is not there anymore.
I installed the driver, but if it is not in newer drivers, then I guess I will not be possible to add the windows treatment later again?

I did not have luck excluding my windows treatments, to include them again with your edge driver, for any reason I am investigating, they will not exclude…
I hoped that the automatic transition that Samsung should make until January 1st, from DH to ED would change the driver, but nothing happened so far.
Are Samsung delayed with the transition?

Hi @Kina500
Yes it exists, what happens is that the github file is not updated

- id: 0115/0110/0001
    deviceLabel: Z-uno Windows Treatment
    manufacturerId: 0x0115
    productType: 0x0110
    productId: 0x0001
    deviceProfileName: window-treatment-preset-reverse
1 Like