[ST EDGE] [RELEASE] Dome Siren (Official 2.0)

@krlaframboise Mine keeps showing up as Z-wave switch and there is no way to switch to siren (Driver wise) any help would be much appreciated. Edge driver is installed, I have already done factory reset and exluded it from the hub and added it back in. It only gets added as switch not as “Siren”. Any suggestions?

If you open the device in the IDE, does the “Raw Description” field have anything next to it? If so, post it so I can confirm that it matches the fingerprint in the driver.

If that’s empty and the device type is placeholder then it was joined with a driver and if you go to that device’s “driver” screen in the mobile app you should be able to manually change it to this driver.

Here is a screen shot of the switch in IDE.
I changed switch type to “Zwave Siren” and still shows as switch. Any

would be appreciated.

After editing the device type it is showing up as siren but in old groovy format as it has no “driver” in the app. I have already removed and added it multiple times.

Based on the raw description shown in that screenshot you don’t have the Dome model so you won’t be able to use this driver…

I have a similar z-wave siren device (Wink siren) that doesn’t work with the Dome Siren edge driver although it is just a rebranded version of it. Indeed, I tried adding the device to HE and HE realized it as a Dome Siren. @krlaframboise, if it’s possible, could you share the source code of Dome Siren edge driver so I can manually add this device fingerprints and use it as my own driver? Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry, but this is Dome’s Official driver so I can’t share the code or add additional fingerprints to it.

1 Like

I’m trying to convert all my dead Custom Monitors to Routines, and am having a hard time with the Dome DMS01 siren. The siren still works, in that it makes the single beep if I “Find sensor” from the device page in the app, but how do I make it make the various sounds that I had previously set up?

I had previously configured the Custom Monitors to use Audio Notifications with the following settings and want to choose the same settings in the replacement Routines:

• Audio player: My Dome siren
  • Notification: “A door opened” (2 beeps) or “Someone is arriving” (ding-dong ding-dong)

The only sound I can get it to emit (when I turn it “on” from the device page in the app) is the annoying klaxon. I don’t ever want that, I want a single beep, a double beep, or a ding-dong ding-dong, and I want to be able to configure the routine to make the appropriate sound based on the event that the Routine is designed for. Worst case if that is not possible, can I configure the default sound to be a single beep and turn it on/off from the Routine to make it sound once?

I honestly don’t remember if I switched to using the official Dome Siren Edge that is described here (I tried to install as described in post 1, but the Enroll button doesn’t do anything other than go grey and then back to blue, so maybe that means I already have it installed?).

Thanks.

if you see the enroll button then the device isn’t using the driver so you’ll need to enroll your hub, install the driver, wait a few minutes, and then re-join your device to SmartThings

After the device is joined with the driver you can change the default settings from the device’ details screen and use Routines to play them. If you want the volume and repeat to use the values set on the device details screen then don’t set them again from your Routines because that can cause performance/reliability issues…

I went back to the install page from your post 1 and saw “Unenroll” and “Available Drivers”, so it appears I did successfully enroll. Thank you for that.

I then clicked “Available Drivers” and installed “Dome Drivers”.

I’m now trying to remove the siren (so I can re-add it, which I think is what you were suggesting), but when I go into Edit and tap Remove Device it shows "Follow the manufacturer’s instructions again or force delete the device - I chose force delete and it eventually said “This device can’t be deleted because it is operating normally”. Should I just wait until SmartThings automagically replaces the DTH with the Edge driver for me (which I think they have said they will do)?

Ignore my last post, I didn’t read your entire message before posting…

Try removing the device again, but this time when you get to the follow instructions screen you need to push the device’s action button 3x quickly. I think the led will start flashing quickly when it goes into exclusion mode.

Thanks, I was able to exclude and re-add the siren.

On the device page in the app, the vertical ellipsis menu has “Edit”, “Driver”, and “Information”, and the “Driver” item says (amongst other things) that the developer is a long GUID(?) ending in ad13e67ef.

Does this mean I now have the correct Edge driver?

I’m going to attempt to add some Routines now, but wanted to let you know my progress so far.

I appreciate the help.

If you see all the chime/siren options in Routines then it’s using the correct driver…

2 Likes

I do indeed, thanks very much for the help.

2 Likes

Hello,

Should this driver work with this Zipato siren?

I’ve enrolled to the channel and installed the driver but it doesn’t show the “driver” menu option.

No, it’s Dome’s official driver so it only works with their siren.

1 Like

I finally made it work with Mariano’s driver.

Is the only way to get another device fingerprint (Wink siren) added to this driver is by contacting Dome support and hopefully they’re kind enough to add the fingerprint to this driver?

It is unlikely the Dome is going to add a Wink fingerprint to their driver.

Does this work with the Ring version of the Dome Siren? That seems to be the one that’s easiest to find right now. :thinking:

@krlaframboise