[ST Edge] Philips Hue LAN [BETA] (3rd Party Driver, Not ST Native) (2024 workaround in post #736)

Switches won’t function in the current beta driver. You can only import them. It is being alpha tested now.

Ok… then i won’t give it a go :slight_smile:

I can add that 95% of my smart network is ST ZHA …
Right now I’m looking into returning the ZLL devices so i don’t have to build af larger Hue network…

Also, the green power devices contains a battery but claim to last for 8y… so they are kind of non-typical

Out of curiosity. How much feedback would you like?

If you think it would be useful for the entire community, you can leave it here. If it is specific to your setup or a niche issue, you can DM it to me. If it is related to the alpha/dev test channel, I’d prefer not to add those comments here. It confuses those that follow along.

2 Likes

Hi Guys, someone else suffering with unresponsive lights ?

Mine is not responding for motion sensor as triggers neither on/off button.

What to do ?

The beta version of the driver does not support motion or button triggers. That is in development. I suggest setting those triggers up in the Hue app. It will always be faster than this driver.

In my case isn’t hue motion sensor, I’m using motion sensor in ST app, today early it was working well.

What about the button, I’m talking about the ST on/off button in the app.

If your lights aren’t responding, you should probably reboot your ST hub. If you want me to look at your specific issue, you can grab logs and DM them to me prior to rebooting.

Right! Thank you, I’ll share it with you.

Same issue here, ST hub reboot has solved it.

I’ll PM the pre reboot logs, just in case.

2 Likes

Quick poll for the group. There is a small possibility that ST may be serving up the wrong version of the driver for different channels. There is at least one user that see a different version. Trying to determine why. If you are on the beta, can you please check the settings screen and see which one you have.

OR

The beta channel should currently be serving up the version with the full list of settings. Version is 2023-01-06.20.12.03.56

Do you have multiple options in the settings, or just one?

• I have the full set of all preferences
  • I only have a single setting for re-import

0 voters

@blueyetisoftware I’m not sure when this started but I noticed last night that my ST room and zone devices have stopped functioning. If I turn on or off a room or zone in ST nothing happens (CLI logcat shows nothing for these actions). The ST room and zone devices are not updating when Hue lights are turned on or off by other means.

I do not have lights imported with your driver (never have).

Confirmation of driver in use:

EDIT: ST device history suggests things were okay through Jan 16 but stopped working after that.

Did your ST hub update its firmware? Did any IP addresses change? In either case, a reboot of the ST hub should resolve it. I also haven’t tested the driver on ST v46. If you are on that, please let me know. As always, you can DM me a log prior to rebooting if you want me to take a look.

I’m still on 45.11.

No IP addresses have changed.

DM’ing you logs in a few mins.

Trying ST hub reboot next …

UPDATE: A ST hub reboot has not resolved it.

I have same issue! the zones/rooms of Hue lan edge don’t work

Found the issue, give it a few hours. Somehow, users are getting profiles from another release channel. I need to followup with ST.

1 Like

By the way, this is also a beta driver. So if something doesn’t work, it helps to get some data to resolve it. Logs are the best.

Published 2023-01-19.05.13.53.65

This is identical to the previous 1-6 version.

There is an issue with ST distributing an incorrect version of the driver into channels. Some people have been served a pre-alpha version even though they are on the beta channel. Even worse, the ST app shows that they have the correct version when they definitely do not. This is the reason for the poll above and for the issues experienced over the last couple of hours.

I have pushed this version into the channel in an effort to force ST to distribute it and get everyone running again until a root cause is found. Thanks to @Nezmo and @Xtremethegamer for submitting logs and screenshots which helped figure this one out. It is very odd behavior and I have reached out to ST on the topic.

1 Like

My thanks to you for working through this issue. It has to be frustrating dealing with this kind of problem.

1 Like

Thanks for your great job!!

1 Like