[ST Edge] ONVIF-compliant IP Camera Motion Detection & Video Streaming - Testers Wanted!

Bonus feature I found this morning, I have a Samsung TV (2021 Q series) with ST built into it, the cameras show up as CCTV Service. The video doesn’t work for me, but motion can be turned on in the TV’s ST notifications settings menu.

My TV shows a pop-up window with motion detected on xxx-Cam with non-working video feed. This may be of some value to some of you, so take a look and see.

I have 2019 Samsung TV. No video feed, it just keeps loading.

I believe TV has to be 2020 or newer for the ST hub integration built in, doubt video will ever work, this is more of if someone is interested in motion alerts on the TV.

I dont’t know about hub but I have SmartThings app built in/ installed. I can use scenes and most of the devices through tv.

I have a 2021 Samsung Tv with ST built in, when Tod started this driver i tried the Cctv camera function and was very excited to see the cameras showed up but no live feed, at the time i had high hopes the camera would resolve an image after some driver changes

I think the video feed fed to the Tv app must come from a single device that has its own feed and not from a camera group

I am ever the optomist though and still hold out hope the cameras will somehow work on the Tv in the future

1 Like

The thing that is preventing me from providing this is the lack of a video streaming capability provided by the platform. My driver could certainly perform the needed function of getting the stream directly from the camera and forwarding it on to something else, but at the moment there’s nothing to send the stream TO!

No news is good news in the case - except for your motion not working. Can you send me (DM or email) a recent log of one of your camera’s Refresh cycle, plus when you turn on motion events? I want to see if there’s any new evidence of the problem with the latest driver.

Thanks!

One more update, primarily for @amin300 with further adjustments for Axis camera renewal issue: Version 2022-05-16T17:06:34.889047

@TAustin Hub firmware v43.03 hit my hub a few hours ago. The cameras are messed up for the moment, so heads up!

Thanks for the warning! For anyone experiencing issues after the firmware update, I would first recommend rebooting your hub to force a reinstall of the driver. I have found in the past with firmware updates that some Edge drivers can be left inoperable until another hub reboot.

Is the new firmware update coming for us all or just for beta testers?

1 Like

Interesting you say that Tod… we know there is already a canned image for a single device used by ST, does that mean the current method used for c2c is not offered or obtainable to programers ?

Can you elaborate, intetesting to know what is missing or how the specifics work

Is there no way to make the stream appear as a spoofed c2c stream, whereby by the platform thinks it is being fed a cloud stream

There have been some changes to how the Tv ST app handles the info from the driver since we started Tod
As @K_White pointed out above, motion notifications are now available on the Tv, that is new, when you began the driver, that option was not available

It is now possible to select an option on the Tv called ‘select all cameras’ previously that crashed the Tv ST app, now it shows all available cameras in a row

If 1 of the selected cameras in a row is itself selected, you now get taken to a device tile that tries to load an image

So some definate changes to Tv integration from your early driver work

Another change, i have a nest cam that worked fine in ST mobile and ST Tv, now there is no sign of the nest cam on the Tv, its vanished ?

Today’s driver update: Version 2022-05-17T00:49:21.368983

This is primarily for the Axis subscription issue. (@amin300)

Does anyone else have a nest cam or other c2c cam attached to ST and a Samsung Tv ?

I have found my c2c nest cam has become invisible on the Tv, can anyone else test and report back please

hi @fido
I have Samsung Smartthings camera (https://www.samsung.com/us/smart-home/smartthings-cam/cam/smartthings-cam-gp-u999covlbda/) and i can see vedio streaming in TV

1 Like

Very interesting and actually very useful to hear that, although it does not help me directly it definately answers a concern i had about video blocking

Thank you @amin300

Now i need to figure out why the Nest cam refuses to show at all on the Tv, its been solid for years but recently just vanished

1 Like

Hi,

I am using Reolink NVR with RLC-520 - will I be able to view the cameras using this edge driver?

Thanks.

@gmanor77

Are the cameras part of a Reolink kit or do you have them connected to your network via switches?
I only ask because if its a kit that has to be direct connected to nvr this may have different behavior then mine do. I have the big brothers of your cams RLC-822a/820a all working pretty good right now on the driver with motion and video.

As long as the cameras are available on the same subnet as your Edge hub, then you should be OK. Not sure we’ve had a test of the 5xx cameras, but E1 Pro/C1 Pro/4xx/8xx have been successful.

Hi,

I couldn’t find the cameras attached to the NVR.
I found only one camera that is connected to my network.

How do I add Camera Group in the ST app? I can’t find it.

Thanks.