[ST Edge] LAN Device Monitor

Hi
I am using the driver to retrieve the status of an old samsung smart TV. It works but detects frequent exceptions even when the TV is off.
The TV probably connects even when it is on standby.
Is there any way to avoid this problem?

I’m not sure there is much we can do about it. Are you turning your TV off, or do you just let it go to sleep with the power on?

Your TV definitely seems to be ‘waking up’ periodically and advertising itself on the network and then going back asleep.

I also have an older Samsung smart TV and it just stays offline when it’s turned off.

I’m doing the same and with the Samsung TV on LAN Device monitor shows it going on and off every few minutes. I put it down to the TV.

@TAustin

Sorry for the very big Noob question. Im new to automation. Im enjoying smartthings and Ive invested a lot in products that are compatible with this platform. But I have o little thing that I cannot solve by myself. I no longer wish to use the inboard geofencing from smartthings. I wish to use a presence sensor that gets turned on by my iPhone when connected to my house's Wifi. Ive enrolled in the Edge Driver by the invitation link, but there are many drivers to be installed and I dont know which to choose to do the job. By my sense it's the LAN Presence Sensor, but how do I set it up? I tied to type Iphones IP address but that did no good.

I know that it might be more complicated that that. Is there a Tutorial for Noobs?

Thank you in advance.

Hello, welcome to the community!

Please see the instructions in this README file under the ‘SmartThings Integration’ heading.

Let me know if you have any questions and I’d be glad to help.

1 Like