[ST Edge] Ïssue with the Zigbee Power Meter driver

@nayelyz There is an error in the zigbee-power-meter driver that will cause the divisors reported by the device to be overwritten by hard-coded values each time the driver restarts.

The behavior that I’ve seen with lifecycles is that doConfigure is called only once, when the device is added. The init lifecycle is called whenever the driver restarts, including during driver updates and hub reboots.

With the driver as written (below), the divisors for a newly added device are first set by the device_init function to the hard-coded 1000 and 10, then are updated to the correct values when the device responds to the do_configure function’s read attribute calls. However, whenever the driver restarts it will call the device_init function and reset the divisors to the hard-coded 1000 and 10.

local do_configure = function(self, device)
  device:refresh()
  device:configure()

-- Additional one time configuration
  if device:supports_capability(capabilities.energyMeter) or device:supports_capability(capabilities.powerMeter) then
    -- Divisor and multipler for EnergyMeter
    device:send(ElectricalMeasurement.attributes.ACPowerDivisor:read(device))
    device:send(ElectricalMeasurement.attributes.ACPowerMultiplier:read(device))
    -- Divisor and multipler for PowerMeter
    device:send(SimpleMetering.attributes.Divisor:read(device))
    device:send(SimpleMetering.attributes.Multiplier:read(device))
  end
end

local device_init = function(self, device)
  device:set_field(zigbee_constants.SIMPLE_METERING_DIVISOR_KEY, 1000, {persist = true})
  device:set_field(zigbee_constants.ELECTRICAL_MEASUREMENT_DIVISOR_KEY, 10, {persist = true})
end
4 Likes

Thank you for sharing the behavior you noticed using this driver.
I’ll mention this to the engineering team to get their feedback. As soon as I know more I’ll let you know.