[ST Edge] Honeywell / Ademco Vista Panel - Envisalink

Thanks for the reply. It’s a Honeywell Vista 21iP panel.

Ok, was able to make some progress. I didn’t RTFM closely enough :slight_smile: I was able to set up the Envisalink and now am at “Keypad access programming not completed”. I’ll go back to the installer and get that fixed and see if that does it.

I am a little worried that the 21iP programming notes have this note:
NOTE: If you own a Vista 21iP, you MUST physically disable the onboard IP communicator for the EnvisaLink to function as communicator. You do this by removing the two-pin shunt on the jumper just below the onboard RJ-45 Jack on the Vista21IP panel. Please see the Vista 21IP Installation Manual for a full diagram.

The alarm company is using the onboard communicator for their notifications and for the Total Connect 2.0 app access. I’m not sure I need the Envisalink to function as a communicator, my use case is to arm/disarm using SmartThings…

Hello, I am new to Smartthings and this Edge Driver but I seem to have everything setup and working properly as best I can tell. I am trying to make a routine that will turn the lights on when a fault (ie a door is opened) and the system is armed (stay or away) but the siren is not yet going off (In Vista Terms this is during the entry delay when the keypad beeps awaiting a disarm). From what I can tell by reading this thread, the evl4 documentation, and what I can observe in the Smarthings app and debug logs this does not work because the Vista panel does not update zone status while armed. I planned to get around this by added an output of zone type 32 (start of entry timer) to trigger 17 but I can’t seem to get the edge driver to recognize the output trigger. I also setup a function key (zone type 66) on the panel to output to trigger 17 (I tried all the output actions but figured close for 2 seconds was most reasonable) but the edge driver does not seem to reflect that on the HW Switch triggerOne or HW Switch TriggerTwo.

FWIW when I press the function key I hear the chime acknowledging the key press and when I toggle the state of the HW Switch triggerOne from the Android Smartthings app the keypad makes a noise. I have also tried to use trigger 18 with the same results. I have rebooted my smartthings hub, my EVL4, and my vista panel by removing power. My firmware and versions seem to be up to date as well. My edge driver has GUID a232e466-eb39-4f8a-998b-032ea9fcd28c (not sure if that is specific to me or that is meaningful to the global version) I will also add that I have done this years ago on another Vista panel with the only variable being that I sent the commands to an x10 transformer instead of the built in triggers.

I saw where @aiden56 tried to do something with the “DISARM SYSTEM or alarm occurs” back in Nov 2021, but Smartthings and this edge driver has changed since then. I have included below the debug output from the driver and line 2 and line 8 is the where the data should be based on when I pressed the keypad button that outputs close for 2 seconds to trigger 17.

Am I missing something? Is “HW Switch triggerOne” mapped to output 17 on the Vista 20p? Is there some other routine configuration that will allow me to turn on the lights during the pre-alarm countdown?

Column 1
2024-03-27T15:58:32.611703222-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:58:36.314189132-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:58:42.559935770-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:58:52.377694256-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:59:02.309583156-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:59:12.241127201-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:59:22.061216307-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:59:26.193927558-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $
2024-03-27T15:59:31.987281082-05:00 TRACE Honeywell-Ademco Envisalink RX < %00,01,1C08,08,00,DISARMED Ready to Arm $

Just want to say thank you again for great driver.

1 Like

Easiest thing would be to add a Zwave/zigbee sensor.
I have smartthings disarm my alarm with welcome home routine and/or when I unlock door with key pad.

Thank you for the feedback. I currently do something like that already, but I am looking to add the Alarm system into the loop so it covers the case when we are already at home and a door or window zone is faulted. In that case I want all our lights on a soon as possible. Since the Vista monitors and alarms on all these zones I have am focusing on it. I had considered adding a zigbee water sensor (since they have exposed contacts) to the alarm panel that would activate in my scenario, but the idea of having to manage the zigbee battery inside the alarm panel and having to rewire the sensor after every battery change is a turn off which is why I want the trigger to work if possible.

I have been using this driver now for about a month and it is working great. Thank you to everyone that helped @philh30 develop it. I am still having trouble with the triggers and was wondering if anyone has ever used trigger 1 or trigger 2 virtual switches? I have looked in the thread and just don’t see anything. I have also downloaded the source and looked for references to triggers in the code. I see in the readme that triggers " ‘work’ but there is no clue if they really work".

I am a weak developer at best and I have never come across LUA in the wild, but from what I can tell the code around triggers focuses on creating them in SmartThings and sending the virtual switch states to the Envisalink. I was not able to find where the driver is reading their state from Envisalink, or if Envisalink even sends their status in Bytecodes. If someone has experimented with them, can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

I’m new to the Edge world of ST and attempting to enable your interface to my EVL4/Vista 20. I’ve run into a issue with finding the zones. The Partition 1 is there (also a dormant #2) along with the settings menu, it can arm and disarm my system, it even shows zone faults in the Status and History. It just doesn’t populate any tiles in ST, though the zones do show in Alexa.
Previously, I used @redloro with an RPi. I removed the software and took it offline. I also had
Eyezon enabled in Alexa, but removed it. I’ve updated the ST server with several Edge drivers, Rebooted several times from the web “IDE”. After all of this, I need help.
What is driving me bonkers is the zones seem to be functioning, but no tiles and not showing as triggers.
V2 hub driver date 2023-01-24
Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi drc, it is not clear, do any of your zones show up as “devices”? What did you enter in the field Contact sensor zones list under settings? As an example my list is " 1,2,3,9,10, 11 " , which in turn created “devices” for me that I grouped in a room and renamed to match the text on the Vista 20.

Thanks for the alternate view, kicking me out of my too narrow focus, knew I was being dumb but not where. Successfully ran the function with manually populated zones Glass, Smoke and Contact. I’ve removed the detail from these fields and turned off the create zone option.
Next will be to review this thread again for Zone2 population and functionality.
Thanks a bunch.

Hi, I have been using these drivers for a few weeks… I have to say it really nice… previously I have used me Honeywell tuxedo touch… so I now switching to my SmartThing hub… I have one problem tho… under contacts there is no setting for when the contact goes in to fault… “meaning” if the system armed and let’s say a door is opened… your driver don’t see that contact as been faulted… hence like on my tuxedo touch I could have set a
Routine to turn the interior light as the door opens… light the inside of the house… could
You please look at this… thanks… as I said I’m not a programmer. So far the patch has been working
Super… just needs that little input to make it work
Better.

It is my understanding from the release notes and the EVL4 programing guide this is a short coming of the panel. The Panel does not send sensor events when the system is armed so there is no data for the driver to get from EnvisaLink. My plan to get around this was to program a trigger in the panel for zone type 32 (start of entry timer), but this data is not read by the Edge Driver at this time, assuming it is sent to EVL4

Thanks for your speedy response, I’ll try to get around this, I trying to light my drive way after my drive in gate opens… I worked fine with my tuxedo touch, but I moving over to SmartThings… Hope I could
Find a way around it… when the gate open it triggers a fault on the system… that triggered the porch lights and drive way lights… thanks again for your help.

I have not done it yet, but you should be able to wire a Zigbee contact sensor to one of the outputs and program your panel to output to that channel and then read the Zigbee sensor state with SmartThings since the EdgeDriver does not read those states already.

I recently discovered @philh30’s Honeywell/Ademco-Envisalink driver and had previously installed an Envisalink/Ademco 20P to work with my VeraEdge (long since gone). I downloaded and installed the driver. The installation process was straightforward, and creating individual devices was intuitive. The whole process was well-documented and user-friendly. I had it up and running very quickly.

After functioning without issues for several days, I’ve encountered a problem that I would like to inquire about.

My Ademco 20P had been inactive for a few years, and its backup battery is now dead. A few days post-installation, I disconnected the Ademco’s AC power and later reconnected it. Subsequently, the Smartthings App showed the Primary Partition Device and all sensor zone devices as offline. This seemed to indicate that communication between the V3 hub and Envisalink (ELV3) had stopped. However, the Envisalink’s status on the eyezon.com portal appeared normal.

I have been unable to resolve this. Initially, I rebooted the V3 hub, but the problem persisted.

Then, in the Smartthings App, I modified some settings for the Primary Partition device and the zones. The offline status went away. Yet, the sensor zone devices—and possibly the primary partition—remained non-functional, failing to detect when doors or windows were opened or closed.

While I could delete and reinstall all devices and purchase a new battery, but I am looking for an easier fix. Is there something obvious that I overlooked? Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any guidance.

I think I am missing something obvious, but I enrolled in the Channel and successfully installed the driver onto my Hub.
When I go to the Smartthings App and navigate to the “add devices-Find Nearby”, nothing comes up.
How should this be detected? Over the Wifi Network? Do I need to be near the Vista Panel/Keypad? Does the Vista Panel need to have the Z-wave Module installed?

You need to have an Envisalink (ELV3) module installed in your Vista Panel and it needs to be connected to an Ethernet cable.

The panel is connected to my network and has an IP address. I believe it’s connected via Wi-Fi.

if you enter the IP address in your browser where does it take you? If you get prompted for a login its ID:user PW:user, from there it should say Envisalink on the top of that page.

I see the device on my Router Network Map, but when I enter it into the browser, I just get “Can’t load page”.

It sounds to me like you have something other than an Envisalink.