[ST Edge] DSC Security System / Envisalink Driver (2021)

That looks like a mobile app or SmartThings platform issue,

@nayelyz have you seen anything like this before? Is this another variation on the labels issue with custom capabilities?

That’s pulling from the displayTemplate field in Translations. They default to “{{attribute}} of {{device.label}} is {{value}}”. I haven’t played with those enough to know how to fix it so value shows properly, but there’s an example in the API docs that might work for a list type attribute.

Many thanks for your response.

The alarm code is configured in the ‘DSC Alarm Code’ field in settings, and is definitely correct - what is strange is that the Disarm command works, it is only the Arm commands which fail with the “Code Required” message.

Is there any other logging or information I could provide? The only other thing I could think of is that my code starts with a 0, but I know you have previously addressed that as a bug?

No, but as @philh30 mentioned, that template is added by default, so, it should work. I’ll make some tests to see if we can correct it.
But, I’ll report it as well.

@nayelyz I’m wondering if attribute.label would work in place of value. The air conditioner example in the API docs seems to cover list types with enumerated options, but I’m seeing this same issue pop up on numerical attributes using a state display type.

Is it possible to add PGM1, 2, 3 and 4 as a Partition Command that can be enabled in a routine? I would like to use a virtual switch to enable PGM1 which is hardwired to an external device (which is not a siren). The other Partition Commands are available, but for some reason PGM 1 to 4 are not.

Yes, I can add this. Can’t remember the logic of not including them for automations originally! Unless it was just an oversite…

I can’t promise when I’ll be able to get this one done. There are some things brewing right now with major custom capability issues on the platform that need to settle out and that may cause some further changes to be needed to the driver.

Hey - Sorry I neglected to get back to you!

If you are able to run the CLI and get log output, that would be immensely helpful. Info here on installing and getting it running on a windows machine.

Regarding adding PGM 1 to 4 as Partition Commands, thank you for the quick response. I understand this isn’t a priority. Perhaps you didn’t include it initially since it was partially covered as Aux Siren Trigger, under Settings. However, with the appropriate relay, these outputs can drive just about anything.
This is a very solid driver, fast and reliable. To be able to use all the door and motion sensors connected to my DSC system in ST opens up a lot of options. Being hardwired, the sensors don’t need batteries and there are no range or interference issues that are typical with wireless sensors.

2 Likes

What i was missing… thanx!

Agreed, i use my dsc system for automation, both inside and out…

T has got a number of projects going with ST. He is working on IP cam inclusion now which is a huge hole in ST. Hopefully he may pick up the Rtsp camera stream work another developer dropped. :wink:

Great work T! :clap:

I’ve installed the 2.1 driver and am able to add the panel and zones to Smartthings and use automations. Everything works fine for a few weeks then the panel and zones show as “Offline” in the app. I have to delete the driver, then re-install and re-add the panel and zones then everything works fine again. Any idea what would be causing this to become offline? I tried rebooting the hub but that doesn’t help.

This has happened multiple times?

Does your evl4 device have a fixed IP address?

I believe I’m having a similar issue, but its the 1st time. I haven’t tried deleting the driver and re-installing, but everything is offline since Sunday morning.
I’m fairly new to all this, so laugh please :).
We did have a power outage in the night from Saturday to Sunday and this morning and I noticed eyez-on updated their web & app interface (not sure when, don’t use those too often, went in to make sure that side of things was working).
I do have a fixed IP on my evl4.
I also have the CLI, if there is anything I can pull from there that can help narrow down the issue, but would need guidance.

@smrthome @Ficca

Here is something you both could try if it seems like you have lost connection with the Envisalink: Go into device settings for the primary panel device and temporarily change the Envisalink LAN address to something else and save it. Wait 10 seconds then change it back. This could re- establish the comms link.

If you had a power loss then both the hub and Envisalink may have been coming back online at the same time and maybe never got reconnected properly.

If you have the CLI then before doing the above, use it to start logging so you can see what is happening:

smartthings edge:drivers:logcat

Choose your hub and the Envisalink driver when prompted.

TY @TAustin!
There was nothing shown in logcat until i changed the IP address and re-entered the correct one and now everything seems to be working great!

1 Like

I see that you resolved your issue but i want to bring up something most often oversee.

Most routers assign ip adrresses using dhcp protocol. This provides a number of things, better utilization of ip addresses when devices add or drop on a network, and simple setup.

When you want to assign a fixed ip to a device, you have configure the dhcp server to not include that fixed ip or range of ip addresses.

Sone routers are smart and detect contention and some do not. If it were a windows machine with a fixed ip assigned in a dhcp scope or range, you would get a message indicating an ip conflict.

Thanks, it’s actually a reservation that I have set in my router (~80% of my devices have reservations, yes, control freak), but I believe TAutin just wanted to make sure the IP hadn’t changed on me. Tx!

Sorry for the late respose. Yes, it has happened twice recently but looking back I think it was due to power outage and the router assigning a new IP. I’ve since made the IP fixed. The device still showed as offline so I deleted it, deleted the driver and reinstalled everything several times but I can never get it to work. I’ve confirmed the IP address’ match. Not sure why I am unable to get it to work again.