[ST Edge] DSC Security System / Envisalink Driver (2021)

Congrats @TAustin and the community members who helped make this possible. I thought I was stuck with a dead-end, failing Napco wired/wireless/ST wireless hybrid system, but with this latest Edge driver I feel like DSC+EVL4 has matured to be a real path forward for me. Keep up the great work!! I hope to join your community Edge team soon as I can buy and bench-stage a new system.

If anyone has any advice on upgrading to or buying DSC, I’d love to talk about it. DM me. Seems like alarmsystemstore.com is a good DIY source? They have awesome training videos. I installed my own Napco 25+ years ago. I used @ogiewon 's awesome ST Anything DTH with an ESP32 board wired to a Napco Wireless keyfob to create an ST/presence controlled arm/disarm/panic for my old hardwired Napco as a bridge until I could get something better. (That was a fun 8 month project, and it works about 98% of time time, but will work 0% of the time when ST abandons Groovy – Bronx cheer). The Napco keypads had a 4-zone wired controller, at least the DSCs have 1 zone so I could just combine whatever zones I have to the keypad now into it (it was much easier than home running extra quad cable, especially for the door sensors right next to the keypads). Really excited about starting this project. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if I should go 2-way or 1-way wireless to the DSC and use their sensors where I currently have Napco wireless, or just put all wireless contacts/sensors through ST, and have STHM or ST automations open a dry contact to the DSC or something (perhaps an EV Edge driver panic?) to signal a break in.