[ST Edge] DSC Security System / Envisalink Driver (2021)

Today I’m making available a new version of this driver with the following enhancements:

• arm auto-synch from STHM; optionally configured in Settings
    With this feature, you can remove automation routines that you may have had to perform this synchronization. However be aware that this is a one-way synchronization only: Changing STHM states can automatically arm/disarm your DSC, but making a change to your DSC arm state will not effect STHM.
  • addition of SmartThings alarm capability to provide a separate siren indicator
  • addition of PGM1 - PGM4 commands that can be sent to the DSC; with the combination of this plus the new siren control, this would allow for triggering a DSC-attached siren with the proper jumpers set on the DSC board
  • third ‘no action’ option now available for dashboard button function
  • stability improvements to address occasional Envisalink connection issues during driver re-start

I am making this driver available as a new/separate driver and available for install from my regular shared projects channel. So yes, I consider this driver now beyond ‘testing’ phase and suitable for general use (keeping in mind Edge itself is still in beta).

I know home security is a critical function and I do not want to unnecessarily disrupt your setups that are running happily on the current driver. You can continue to use the ‘test version’ of the driver for as long as you need, but do plan to transition to this newly released driver at some point, as all future enhancements will be made to this new version.

Please note that you cannot run the two driver version simultaneously, so when you are ready to transition over, you should delete your partition & zone devices and remove the old driver before you install the new one.

The new driver is available on my regular shared channel with this invite:

Enroll your hub and choose to install the Envisalink 2.1 driver when you are ready. The driver version is: 2022-02-07T18:51:08.394919

5 Likes