[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switches and Dimmers - 24770, 26931, 26932, 26933

Hi @philh30,

First of all, thanks for this implementation. It’s great and I love the fact that now I can control all the settings from the Smartthing rules (before I had to use WebCore to modify the operation mode, default dim level, etc…).

Thanks a lot for a great job!

Diego

1 Like

Hi @philh30 ,

Does this driver does not support the “button” capabilities (push, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, held, hold)?

The devices themselves don’t support multi-tap events.

1 Like

Hi -

I updated to your Edge driver from the old DTH for my 26933 switch. With the old DTH, I was able to select the button as a trigger in the Smart Lighting smartapp. With your driver, the switch doesn’t show up when I select Button as the trigger. It does show when I select Switch as the trigger. Is there a reason why Button is not available?

Thanks!

Hi again -

I have a newer GE/Jasco smart outlet with fingerprint 0063-4952-3234. I don’t see it in the fingerprints in the repo. Can you add support for this model as well? I think the only difference is that it supports Zwave S2 authentication.

Thanks!

Update: I have a use case for the button capability. I have a pair of Smart Lighting routines that I created awhile back using the old DTH. During a certain time period, one of the routines turns on the light and sets the level to 1% when there is motion and the other turns on the light and sets the level to 100% when the button is pushed. With no button capability, I changed the second routine to turn on the light and set the level to 100% when the switch is turned on. Well, I figured out that it was causing the light to come on at 1% on motion and then immediately jumping to 100%. That is because the trigger of the switch coming on happens when the motion routine runs. When I had the button as a trigger it was a distinct action separate from motion and separate from the switch coming on. Can you add a button press capability to the motion/dimmer switch?

Thanks!

I’ve added this to the driver for non-motion switches (may take up to 12 hours for the change to get pushed to your hub if you already have that driver installed). Give it a try and post in the other thread if you have any issues.

Thanks! I check it out as soon as the driver downloads to my hub.

Hi -

Turns out you can force the driver to update by reinstalling it from the CLI :slight_smile:
Works great and as an aside, the model number of the outlet is 55256.

Thanks!

Any chance the indicator light could perhaps be controlled by routines?

I just installed this driver and so happy you shared and works great. But…
Just added all my automations and having trouble with the dimming level staying put. I have an automation to dim to 20% 5 minutes after motion between 11pm and 12am once the light is on. The switch is on Vacancy mode so I also have another automation that triggers the light to turn on with motion between 4:30 and 12am.
The issue is that once the 20% aumotation kicks in, the next motion makes the lights go to 100% instead of staying at 20%. (The default dimming level is at 0.0. I never touched that setting)
Any suggested solution?
Thanks!

I’m not aware of a controllable indicator light on these motion switches. If you’re referring to the normal, non-motion switches then I may get around to it, but I have a number of other things higher on my to-do list.

Could you post screen shots of your automations?

Hi -

I have a use case for the button capability in the Motion/Dimmer Switch. I have a pair of Smart Lighting routines that I created awhile back using the old DTH. During a certain time period, one of the routines turns on the light and sets the level to 1% when there is motion and the other turns on the light and sets the level to 100% when the button is pushed. With no button capability, I changed the second routine to turn on the light and set the level to 100% when the switch is turned on. Well, I figured out that it was causing the light to come on at 1% on motion and then immediately jumping to 100%. That is because the trigger of the switch coming on happens when the motion routine runs. When I had the button as a trigger it was a distinct action separate from motion and separate from the switch coming on. MichaelS’s old DTH did support the button capability. Can you add a button press capability to the motion/dimmer switch?

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. Here are the screen shots.

Because im new user, this website is only letting me post one attachment per post.

These dimmers treat a ‘turn on’ command as ‘dimmer to 100%’, so your first routine is triggering with every motion and resetting to 100%. Try setting up your routines like below. The change to the first one might be all you need, but the changes to the second and third will keep you from seeing a temporary increase in brightness as it tries to increase to 100% before coming back to the dimmed level.

Ok thanks I’ll implement your suggestions and let you know results.
After uploading the 3 screenshots I wasn’t able to load the rest or post anything else because of the limits of a new account. So i had to wait for your reply.
I’ll go ahead and upload the other screen shots just in case you have further input.
Thanks!

Please send some kind of reply because the website won’t let me post 4 times in a row. I’d have to wait for a reply in order to post something new.
Thanks!

Same advice as with the others - use dimmer only unless you want it to turn on at 100%. You may also want to experiment with Occupancy mode and then changing the default dim level at different times of the day.