[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco Z-Wave Motion Switches and Dimmers - 24770, 26931, 26932, 26933

Hi @philh30,

First of all, thanks for this implementation. It’s great and I love the fact that now I can control all the settings from the Smartthing rules (before I had to use WebCore to modify the operation mode, default dim level, etc…).

Thanks a lot for a great job!

Diego

1 Like

Hi @philh30 ,

Does this driver does not support the “button” capabilities (push, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, held, hold)?

The devices themselves don’t support multi-tap events.

1 Like

Hi -

I updated to your Edge driver from the old DTH for my 26933 switch. With the old DTH, I was able to select the button as a trigger in the Smart Lighting smartapp. With your driver, the switch doesn’t show up when I select Button as the trigger. It does show when I select Switch as the trigger. Is there a reason why Button is not available?

Thanks!

Hi again -

I have a newer GE/Jasco smart outlet with fingerprint 0063-4952-3234. I don’t see it in the fingerprints in the repo. Can you add support for this model as well? I think the only difference is that it supports Zwave S2 authentication.

Thanks!

Update: I have a use case for the button capability. I have a pair of Smart Lighting routines that I created awhile back using the old DTH. During a certain time period, one of the routines turns on the light and sets the level to 1% when there is motion and the other turns on the light and sets the level to 100% when the button is pushed. With no button capability, I changed the second routine to turn on the light and set the level to 100% when the switch is turned on. Well, I figured out that it was causing the light to come on at 1% on motion and then immediately jumping to 100%. That is because the trigger of the switch coming on happens when the motion routine runs. When I had the button as a trigger it was a distinct action separate from motion and separate from the switch coming on. Can you add a button press capability to the motion/dimmer switch?

Thanks!

I’ve added this to the driver for non-motion switches (may take up to 12 hours for the change to get pushed to your hub if you already have that driver installed). Give it a try and post in the other thread if you have any issues.

Thanks! I check it out as soon as the driver downloads to my hub.

Hi -

Turns out you can force the driver to update by reinstalling it from the CLI :slight_smile:
Works great and as an aside, the model number of the outlet is 55256.

Thanks!