[ST Edge] Breaking boundaries: supporting Blue Iris motion alerts and Shelly wifi Motion Sensors

OK - post the console output of the edge bridge when you can and maybe that will give us a clue.

This is what I’m seeing.

Thu Aug 18 21:24:33 2022 GET command received from: (‘192.168.1.6’, 54255)
Endpoint: /Left_Side/motion/active
Invalid endpoint
192.168.1.6 - - [18/Aug/2022 21:24:33] “GET /Left_Side/motion/active HTTP/1.1” 400 -

No clue what caused issue but what ended up fixing it was just deleting all motion devices and creating them again. Annoying but it’s fixed.

I was getting this message today as well. While I know you fixed your issue, I thought I’d add how I fixed it for me.

For context, I upgraded the RAM on my windows machine that runs my BI and edgebridge server so it was off slightly longer than a restart.

While the weather EDGE driver worked with no issues, the lan motion sensors weren’t. I noticed that the registrations file was empty, which I understand that to mean it doesn’t know about my hub. I did a reboot via the IDE and all of my lan motion sensors registered. I also confirmed the edgeid and hubaddr were stored as expected in the registrations file.

Hopefully that can help others in the future (and likely me when I forget what I did today).

edit: added context around possible root cause.

I appreciate the insight
Where is the registrations file at?

The registrations file is a hidden file in whatever directory you are running edgebridge. It will be named ‘.registrations’

I’ve been aware of some issues with these drivers not properly re-connecting with the edgebridge when they are restarted (e.g. from a hub reboot, driver update, or resintall). There are a trio of these drivers: motion, presence, and trigger that all use edgebridge in a similar way. I’ve implemented some improvements in the presence driver and have had @Sakari run it for a while and it seems to have improved the restart issues. So I’m replicating that code now to the presence and motion drivers and will get those out hopefully by tomorrow.

1 Like

I woke up this morning to realize my Edgebridge had frozen. After reboot it’s working again. LAN trigger has went offline during this outage but LAN presence returned working order after reboot.

When you say it was “frozen”, can you elaborate?

I think it has more to do with the linux terminal than with Edgbridge itself. Once in a while it just gets stuck and won’t run.

I have updated all three of my drivers that take advantage of my edgebridge app and all three are now available on my shared projects channel.

This update is intended to improve driver startup issues that have been recently reported .

If you had previously installed these drivers from my test channel, please be sure to switch over to my shared projects channel so your hub receives the updates.

To summarize the three drivers:

LAN Motion - enables any app on your LAN to send an http message to control a SmartThings motion device state (version 2022-08-24T01:24:40.024036401)

• example: Blue Iris motion alerts / Shelly wifi motion sensors

LAN Presence - enables any app on your LAN to send an http message to control a SmartThings presence sensor device state (version 2022-08-19T23:29:46.548695725)

• example: phone presence tracking or pinged device tracking

LAN Trigger - enables any app on your LAN to send an http message to trigger a SmartThings button device for purposes of triggering an automation (version 2022-08-24T00:53:30.342837124)

Each of these drivers requires my edgebridge app to be running on an always-on computer on your home network

1 Like

Thank you Tod! I greatly appreciate the call out with your two channels. I had not paid close attention previously and it was a good exercise to migrate.

Thanks again for all your work!

Edit: is there any way to use the LAN device monitor for the edgebridge server? It’s on a Windows 10 machine. I tried some basic research but can’t figure out how without UUID.

1 Like

Are updates pushed automatically or do I need to uninstall and reinstall the driver’s?
Issue returned for me with empty registration file

If your driver’s version matches my screen shot below, then yes it updated automatically (and as expected).

I mentioned this earlier in the thread but a reboot of the hub has fixed this issue for me in the past 100% of time.

I hope that helps!

Looking for a link with info or help on anyway possible to make use of this to trigger blueiris profile/schedule changes from Smartthings. Similar to blueiris fusion syncing smartthings modes to blueiris profiles.

What kind of API is needed to trigger Blueiris? Does it accept HTTP-type requests? If so, my webrequestor driver might be useful for that.

I’m not familiar enough to say really. I know it was possible with the blueiris fusion app. I’ve also been searching and found mention of some sort of JSON interface you can run admin commands to blueiris through.
Blueiris has geofencing but it’s hit and miss for me. Why I’m looking to integrate that portion into smartthigns somehow. By the way, your lan motion driver and the bridge server work great! Thanks for that!

Yes, webrequestor works great for it.
Note, I’m no longer using this method to change my modes, but BI does respond to http commands. See the link where I discussed it’s use. The blue iris help file is key - it lays out all the commands quite nicely.

Thanks! This helped a lot. I ended up figuring out how to “whitelist” the smartthings hub which I have set on a fixed IP address within blueiris to allow webrequestor to send admin commands. This allowed me not to have to disable the “use secure session keys” option in blueiris.
Web requestor is now successfully changing blueiris schedules for me. Thank you!

2 Likes

Could you say what you did to whitelist? I was never able to get it to work right and would certainly prefer to, even without a port open.

Found it in the help file
In the list of “Limit IP addresses” counterintuitively it’s used to limit and grant.
If you use the “^” symbol followed by the IPaddress of your choosing it will grant it access without authentication.
So I used that with the IP of my hub.
“^192.168.xxx.yyy”

1 Like