[ST Edge/Beta] Xiaomi/Aqara/Tuya zigbee sensors driver

@Sylvain Thank you for the update, I’m glad it’s working for you.
What sensor are you using? Is it Aqara umi.sensor_magnet.aq2?

Regarding the icons switching to default, please let me know if it happens every time you put the app in the background or it happens only several times in the beginning and does not happen anymore.
Thanks

Forgive me for a basic question. I installed the driver on my hub via the link. I can see the driver when I open hub’s “Driver” menu. How do I switch my existing device to the new Edge driver? Or must I delete and reinstall the device as new?

@dualtronic
If your device is currently using DTH you need to remove the device and repair it (switching from DTH to Edge driver is not supported yet).
If your device is using another edge driver, you can switch driver. From detailed view, press 3 dots in the upper right corner → Driver->Select different driver

3 Likes

Thank you!

It’ll just be the internal temperature being reported by the Zigbee chip, or something like that. I think it is spitting in the wind to try and relate that to the ambient temperature.

1 Like

@ygerlovin
Yes i am using the aqara door sensor.

The icon seem to change randomly . 2 things that i can do and they react the same everytime is ,
When i closed the app in the background and open again , icon will be there .

Second one if i move a device to another room ,the device disapears for 1 second et reappear with the original icon.

I also did check the other driver (wall plug)that i can replace the icon , it was doing that at the begining but now its seems to hold it .
Thank you

Hello I have a Aqara Contact Sensor MCCGQ11LM (lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2) - how do i add this device type handler? I’ve ‘enrolled’ in the devices by clicking the link in the original post cut I can’t see it in the list of available device types - any ideas? Thanks

Go to app. Delete the sensor from hub. Add device with scan nearby. Put sensor in pairing mode. Add the sensor and it picked the new YG drivers for me. But it does not seem to work for ‘MCCGQ11LM’

I am still trying to learn this new edge stuff but it seems it is not easy to write driver and test (lot of steps) and needs CLI installation and what not…

Hi @blitz79 ,
Could you please elaborate what’s not working?
Is it battery reporting or sensor contact state or both? Do you see signal strength values and are they change once in 2 hours or so?
Do you have other edge drivers installed that might pickup your device?

Could you please check the sensor’s model? Are you sure you have MCCGQ11LM and not MCCGQ14LM?
Thanks

Hi @Digital_Mole ,

Please make sure the driver is installed on your hub.
It is required not only to enroll to the channel, but also to install the driver.
Could you please describe the pairing steps you are doing?
Thanks

@Sylvain ,
Please let me know whether you still have an issue with icons.
Thanks

I wanted to try this drive but I already have a DH installed which works perfectly for the other 7 sensors I have. How could I prove this? If I try to add a new device, the aqara found is immediately associated with the DH and not with this drive edge. I wish I could try it, without giving up the functioning of the other 7 that I have and that work with the DH. Only after verifying that everything is working, will I consider the definitive transition to edge for all aqara aperture sensors. Is it possible to do this? Thanks

1 Like

@Diegocampy
All devices that are using DTH should continue to work normally even if you install edge driver.
However if you install/pair a new device and it is recognized by edge driver, the driver will pick it up.
If after installing the edge driver, the device is recognized by DTH, that probably means edge driver won’t be able to work with it.
This driver does not support temperature sensors yet.
What devices are you using?

change the fingerprint in the DH, it will keep exiting devices connected, and new will use an Edge driver

I’m sorry, in the meantime, thank you because in another post you helped me with this info, but I didn’t understand what I should do with fingerprints

door window sensor

open your driver in web IDE
find the “fingerprint” section, see an example below

add a prefix to the manufacturer and model eg “LUMI” > “non_LUMI”
save DTH

I enrolled and installed the driver and deleted my device from hub (through app) and added it back. The device took the new driver fine but it was not detecting open/close state.

I now hacked the driver that Zach has (found through browsing web/forums) GitHub - varzac/EdgeDrivers and seem to got the aq2 working now. I see the open/close state. Just not temperature which is not a concern for me.

Hi @blitz79 ,
Could you please provide logs from the driver that capture open/close messages?
Thanks

i have this:
fingerprint endpointId: ‘01’, profileId: ‘0104’, deviceId: ‘0104’, inClusters: ‘0000, 0003, FFFF, 0019’, outClusters: ‘0000, 0004, 0003, 0006, 0008, 0005 0019’, manufacturer: ‘LUMI’, model: ‘lumi.sensor_magnet’, deviceJoinName: ‘Lumi Mijia MCCGQ01LM’
fingerprint endpointId: “01”, profileId: “0104”, deviceId: “5F01”, inClusters: “0000, 0003, FFFF, 0006”, outClusters: “0000, 0004, FFFF”, manufacturer: “LUMI”, model: “lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2”, deviceJoinName: “Lumi Aqara MCCGQ11LM”
}

i do change in this?

fingerprint endpointId: '01', profileId: '0104', deviceId: '0104', inClusters: '0000, 0003, FFFF, 0019', outClusters: '0000, 0004, 0003, 0006, 0008, 0005 0019', manufacturer: 'non_LUMI', model: 'lumi.sensor_magnet',     deviceJoinName: 'Lumi Mijia MCCGQ01LM'
	fingerprint endpointId: "01", profileId: "0104", deviceId: "5F01", inClusters: "0000, 0003, FFFF, 0006", outClusters: "0000, 0004, FFFF", 						 manufacturer: "non_LUMI", model: "lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2", deviceJoinName: "Lumi Aqara MCCGQ11LM"

}

sorry, I’m not developper, and I’m not able with the code :slight_smile: thank you

1 Like