[ST Edge/Beta] Xiaomi/Aqara/Tuya zigbee sensors driver

@ygerlovin
Yes i have one driver names (xiaomi sensors)that can drive motion ,doors sensor i use it for motion sensor .

But good news , after doing multiple thing , i have delete the sensors and repair them and now the icon is sticking , no more swtiching between the original icon .

By the way , the driver is awesome , love also the tension display , i found it more usefull than the battery % .
From what i saw the battery need to be replace at around 3.005 or 3v min . And at 3 v they stil show 100 % in the app.
I have notice that too in car remote at around 3 v the remote is starting to not respond.

Thank you

I installed this Zigbee Sensors Edge Driver [YG] and added my two Aqara door/window sensors. Everything worked fine. Yesterday I noticed both sensors were offline. I added them again and they worked. But now they are offline againā€¦

I had to install old device handler because it has always worked.

Is there something I can do?

Sensors are lumi.sensor_magnet.aq2
MCCGQ11LM

@ah66533
What were the values for LQI and RSSI when the sensors were online?
Have you tried to open the door (sensor) to see whether the state changes in the app?

I didnā€™t check the values. I had to switch back to device handler because I need them to work now. I can check those values later when I test the edge driver again.

I tried open both sensors when they were offline but nothing happened. Other sensor is about 4 meters away from the smartthings hub (no walls etc).

@ah66533
Zigbee is a mesh network, even tough the sensors might be initially connected to the hub, after a while they can reconnect through diferent routers/repeaters, even though the hub seems to be closer.
I would suggest not only to check the latest signal strength values, but also the history of reported values in device history tab.
The history should show updates at least once per 2 hours

@Sylvain
Aqara door sensor works with CR1632 battery. It is rated 3V (new).
It is quite possible, that fresh batteries would have slightly higher voltage or that the sensorā€™s voltage measurement is not accurate.
I think the sensors should be working as long as battery voltage is above 2.5V.
I would suggest to measure the battery voltage directly before replacement and see whether it is similar to what device reports.

Car remotes probably have different batteries, rated 3.2 V or may be even higher. Besides, they usually work on 433MHz RF, not Zigbee. It is quite different.

Everything works perfectly with the 8 aqara door sensors with your drive!
I just have a small problem that I donā€™t know if it could be due to a 5 minute count problem, or if closing the door before 5 minutes could interrupt the routine, but this automation does so, it turns on but then it doesnā€™t turn off anymore. I put two screenshots one in Italian and one with English translation. Itā€™s a simple automation, I hope you can understand. If anyone had a solution or a suggestion. Thanks

Italian and English

@Diegocampy
Edge drivers can only access the devices, created by them. Thus, sensors driver donā€™t see switch devices, created by other edge driver or DTH. It is a limitation of ST platform for whatever reason. So, I donā€™t think there is anything can be done in the driver.

However, I think you can try to create a virtual device and add an automation that turns it on, when the sensor is open and turn it off after 5 min. Then you can add an automation to turn on lights when the virtual device is on and turn them off when it is off.
Regards,
Yakov

Understood, but it is strange, because trying with two distinct rules, one for opening and one for closing, works perfectly :+1:

@Diegocampy ,
I think this is because the automation engine starts a timer for delayed rule once the state meets condition in if statement (i.e. is ā€˜openā€™), but cancels it if the state no longer meets such condition (i.e. changes to ā€˜closeā€™).

One thing that might be possible in driver is to add a configuration parameter for delayed state change or only for delayed ā€˜closeā€™ state reporting. Then the device could be configured to delay ā€˜closeā€™ notification by configured time.

1 Like

I installed edge drivers again yesterday morning. Both sensors are still online so everything looks good so far.

Sensor #1

• RSSI is between -55 and -79
  • LQI is between 88 -180

Sebsor #2

• RSSI is between -68 and -82
  • LQI is between 92 - 128

@ah66533
Connections with RSSI above -60 are considered stable, below -70 unreliable and below -80 you should be expecting issues.
LQI below 140 are not good.
Please consider adding repeaters.

1 Like

All my indoor lights are Philips Hue bulbs. I have also Ledvance and Smartthings outlets in my house. Outdoor lights are Philips Hue and Ledvance lights and outlets. Almost every room has at least one zigbee device.

Thanks for this info. I understand now that in my house I have 2 room closer together and with fewer walls in between to the hub, with RSSI and LQI better of further away and with more walls in between. Could it be due to interference or confusing devices?

@Diegocampy
It could be due to either, it is required to see the exact network topology to be sure.

In Zigbee network, only some devices are connected directly to the hub.
If you have a plug or a switch with neutral wire and big antenna that can serve as repeater in more distant room from the hub you still might get good signals for devices in that room.

RSSI is the signal strength and LQI shows the link quality.

@ah66533
If you see devices disconnected, please take a look at history tab and capture the history of signal strength events.
Thanks

Thanks for driver, I was wondering one thing, in IDE sensor is showing as placeholder and you canā€™t see anything useful as you used to with DH for example which route device is connected to hub and it says thatā€™s running in cloud not locally?

@Adnan_Sarajlic ,
I think what you see in IDE is a common issue for all devices, created by edge drivers and not by DTH.
Regardless to what is shown in IDE, if you try to create an automation with another local device, you will see that automation would be marked as local

1 Like

an aqara door sensor has disconnected. Strange, it had LQI255 and RSSI -58 everything worked fine from day one, then suddenly disconnected yesterday. what do you advise me to do? Delete it and re-add it or there is other solution. Iā€™m sorry because I thought I had finally found a reliable door sensor and I had just discarded a fibaro door sensor 2 and I wanted to sell it, do not make me regret :slight_smile:

First try to re-add without deleting it from SmartThings. Just put it in Pairing mode and try to add it again.

1 Like