[ST Edge/Beta] Xiaomi/Aqara/Tuya zigbee sensors driver

Hi there
I´m quite lost here with a switch dimmer from Aqara I got: I´m not able to get it work in any ways.

I got it working with two different drivers, but any of them give me the options and results I need:

• Default clusters (I think the drivers thinks it´s a temperature sensor, but it´s a switch dimmer)
  • Zigbee Thinkg [YG] v1.0.2

Can anyone please help me?
I was intending to install the “Personal tuya driver” but it doesn´t work with this switch as far I my tests.

Aqara H1 Dimmer switch
Model: ZNXNKG02LM.

Thanks in advance to everybody.

Note: sorry for my bad english.

I have had the issue for years. Recently installed Yakov’s Edge Driver that indicates LQI and RSSI. The devices clearly pings every 1 hour. If you don’t see the ping they went offline or lost the route through the zigbee network.

I’m not sure this is true, but it’s quite clear that the devices stick to a zigbee route when they are admitted to the network and they cannot change route easily. This means if you have other devices in the network that loose connection, and the Aqara route was acquired through these devices, then your Aqara devices will go offline and not automatically find a new route.

Other devices that loose connecting temporarily could be bulbs that you manually turn off. Make sure these bulbs are turned off when you connect Aqara devices else the Aqara devices may use the bulbs as interconnection for the hub - and Aqara will loose connection with time.

1 Like

Hi.
Thats interesting, i have tons of zigbee stuff and assumed they all just form a mesh - i didnt think about how each device would hop from one to another. Is there a way i can tell. Only recently ive had a few hue bulbs that i turn off manually, maybe that the issue

Here are screenshots of my devices. By these images i assume they are pinging

Device 1

Device 2

Whats odd is that they are showing motion activations in the history. Except i know thats not true because nobody has been in the room tonight at all and im home. There are 3 other sensors in one room, all show no motion!

Also if i go into the room it wont trigger motion on the app but does show it in the history, making me think its more of an app refresh issue maybe?

Either way, i use these sensors in a routine where if no motion, lights go off.
That routine no longer works. Tried all the usual steps to resolve.

Ive asked ST to look into it and also if they plan on increasing their small selection of Aqara device support.

Thanks for reply

1 Like

Sorry to borrow, but he have made the “mistake” to purchase an Aqara vibration sensor which have low sensitivity as standard. Have anyone been successful with sensitivity increase on those sensors; maybe by using samsungs CLI or other command lines? Standard sensitivity is not good at all and I saw some proposal with other HA hubs, but on ST it is quite calm on that…

btw sensor is succcessfully connected to ST via Yakov’s driver; it is more about the sensitivity

1 Like

As Newbe please regret this stupi idea but in HA blog I have found following code to override for Aqara vibration sensitivity; would that be possible to include into EdgeDriver code?

1. Select the cluster “VibrationBasicCluster” with the “Type: in” in parentheses
  2. Select “sensitivity” under the Cluster Attributes
  3. Enter “1” for the Value
  4. Enter “4447” for the Manufacturer Code Override
  5. Wake up the sensor (click the small button on the edge of the sensor) and click/tap on Set Zigbee Attribute
1 Like

Maybe some intelligent person like @JDRoberts or @TAustin would know if a nice general link for some zigbee network stuff and potentially some general info on the network performance of Aqara devices?

Well they should automatically reconfigure if the intermediate host is lost, but Aqara apparently doesn’t. To my experience the reach they have is also very short, 5-7 meters or so - to the nearest wired neighbors.

@PLFosboel

Different Zigbee profiles handle addressing/meshing differently.

The ones that SmartThings uses use a parent/child structure where at the time that a sleepy device joins the network It is considered a “child” that has to find a “parent“ device to act as a repeater for it.

(Note that this is different than what smartthings calls a parent/child structure in a DTH or edge driver, which has to do with a single multicomponent device.)

Once the child has been accepted by the parent, the child will always attempt to route through that same parent. And if the parent becomes unavailable, the child can become “orphaned“ and may not be able to communicate with the hub, even though there are other devices nearby that are capable of repeating for it.

A child can select a new parent when certain specific things happen.

One) if you do a “Zigbee heal“ where you make the hub unavailable for at least 20 minutes then ALL the devices will consider new parent options. That’s how you solve an orphan situation.

Two) when an end device does a rejoin it will first attempt to rejoin its previous parent, even if that parent says it is not accepting children. This leads to some really complicated situations, some of which benefit the network, and some of which create new orphans.

Three) eventually, based on a number of factors, the orphan informs the hub that it cannot find its parent. This is usually referred to as a timeout request, which is kind of a confusing term, but it means the end device is telling the hub that it has timed out.

To ZigBee End-Devices, however, the parent/child relationship is very special. ZEDs, while they can communicate to any node on the network, communicate only to their parent directly. Another way to put it is that the next hop of a ZED is always to its parent. If a ZED loses the link with its parent, it must (at some point) find another parent in order to keep communicating on the network, a process called rejoining.

It is up to the manufacturer how to control this for each individual device. For example, Xioami is famous for never sending a timeout request. It just stays orphaned until it is actually removed from the network and rejoined or until a network heal is performed.

1. there is a way in Zigbee to force a child to request a specific parent, but I don’t think it’s supported in smartthings, I haven’t seen anybody using it.

———
Anyway, there’s a whole lot more to all of this and lots of references available on engineering sites so I don’t really think we need to go into all of it right now. The information is out there for those interested in digging into it, but it’s full on engineering and will take time and effort to get through.

It’s the tenacity of the parent/child relationship in Zigbee, which doesn’t exist in zwave, which leads to the Orphan problem. Both protocols are mesh networks, but they are built differently.

I’m not familiar with the specifics of how Aqara handles the issue.

3 Likes

are you 100% sure? i did a lot of times but it still not working…

Yes I have 4 of this (3 work fine, one work bad… )

I bought 2 Tuya soil sensors.
Did anyone solve this?
They appaer as “zigbee device”.

Should work with EF00 special Edge Driver. Read Here:

Install from here:

https://api.smartthings.com/invite/6Vjd4YPVJwjN

I think I am missing something.
I have installed the driver Public SmartThings Edge Driver - w35l3y (name: Personal Tuya Devices - main).

In the app, the humidity is presented. However, I don’t get temperature.

I also get error message (device could not be updated, try later).

You should write in here:

This driver is generic and done by users. Try to post there and include Logs from CLI and hopefully, the driver will be modified to show the temperature as well.

According to the history, this is not using the driver I developed.
It will only work with devices that uses cluster EF00.
If your device doesn’t use it, it won’t work.

Manufacturer: _TZE200_myd45weu
Model: TS0601

Works with EF00 and already exist in your Github Fingerprints:

How did you know he was talking about this model/manufacturer ?

In here he replied to a message I sent with this fingerprint, just press on my icon and see your self.

Quick question. I know smartthings doesn’t allow you to use the three Axis

@ygerlovin I know SmarthThings doesn’t allow use of the threeAxis values in automation, but Is it possible to tie those to an Open/Close event to this sensor to emulate a “contact sensor” like the SmartThings Multisensor?

Right now it shows all the values but we can’t use them in an automation. Essentially what I am asking is if we could trick SmartThings into thinking it’s a contact sensor based on the 3-axis values?