ST-compatible RGBW LED Strip Controller Reviews (2023)

I haven’t used either of these, but a couple other z-wave options for the DIY strips:

Zooz RGBW dimmer

monoprice
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=36511

2 Likes

Thanks @JDRoberts for making this awesome post! Was very helpful.

1 Like

Awesome post!

Anyone know anything about this one?

Looks similar to the Magic Home Controllers

Thanks for the good post!
I’m new to Smartthings, I have to ask this:
Ive heard that people are using two diffrent apps, and I’m going to have the new ST V3 hub , in this case, for Dumb strips, witch Fiabro controller should I use v1 or v2, and with wich ST app?
Can you please clarify this so I know what to do? Thank you!

You should use the newest version of the app. The older app, which is called “SmartThings Classic” will be discontinued in a few months.

Here is that announcement:

And this FAQ explains how to tell which app is which:

FAQ: how to tell which version of the SmartThings mobile app that you have

1 Like

Thank you for the fast response. And how about the Fibaro rgb controller, wich one should I buy? There are two versions, which works , FGRGBWM-441 or v2 FGRGBWM-442
Thank you!

Does anyone know of any RGBW controllers that will work without the hue bridge for the following scenario: I am trying to have rgb and warm white controlled. I have tried a couple different ones including the Gledopto and haven’t achieved the desired results. When I turn on white instead of turning rgb off it turns them to the all on composite white.

Do you have a SmartThings hub? There are several RGBW controllers that work withST that let you control the channels separately.

1 Like

Yes. I do it is still the second gen model but that shouldn’t matter. I recently bought the gledopto and it looks like this.

Now i’m confused on what you’re looking for. Are you looking to control the LED channels separately or are you looking for an LED strip that has the RGB diodes and the white diode on the same chip?

Sorry, I am good with the strips I have. They alternate rgb then warm white. I am wanting to have the option to change the color but when I turn to white only use the white channel and turn the rgb off. I have always hated the color you get with the composite white of the rgb. This controller acts great for all the colors except for white.

I am going to try the Zooz controller next and see if it has better results. Unless there is something I’m doing wrong.

The zooz can do that. I just setup one myself. but I am having problems with the RGB channels turning themselves off.

1 Like

fibaro rgbw latest relase isn’t working well at all, takes 1 min for color transition and presets like police lights are not working at all, my 2 year old controllers still work fine but 442 version that is few months old is useless currently

@JDRoberts
I found something while browsing called RGBIC. im not sure which is the best option but they have big differences in price.

Gove

TP-link

LIFX

the thing is i dont think these can exceed 10 meters ( i need 12 )
the tp-link is really exciting me. but I would really love to hear your opinions.

Anything for the UK market. Installed RGBW and Fibaro in August, just come to wire it up and now it doesn’t work properly :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Check the first post. Almost all of those devices are available for both the US and UK markets except the Zooz. Definitely gledopto, hue, Shelly, Meross, Sonoff, and rgbgenie are available in both. If you were looking specifically for zwave, though, you might be out of luck. :disappointed_relieved:

Yup, was ideally after Z-Wave :frowning:
I dont think any of those support RGBW though do they? Only RGB

Again, see the first post. As shown there, RGBGenie and Zemismart have some RGBW models, I’m not sure about Gledopto. But those are all zigbee.

I’m confused if I used this setup. What kind of features will I get. I mean like turn on/off/dim/change colors/multi-light

Are there any “dumb” strip with a microphone like the sonoff smart strip? If yes, will this work through the controller?

Sorry if my questions are stupid but I’m kinda a beginner in the area xD