“ST Anything” for V3 Hub?

Are there plans to make the ST Anything Arduino project work with the V3 hub and the non-classic app? The V3 hub won’t work with the classic app as far as I can tell because the V3 hub does not have the welcome code to register it on the app and ST Anything says it only works with the classic app. I am also concerned going forward that Samsung will phase out the classic app and ST Anything will no longer work. Thanks in advance for any info.

Tagging @ogiewon

1 Like

You can use the classic app with the V3 after you register it with STSC.

1 Like

Thanks! I did find that the classic app works with the V3 hub and got my ST Anything example to work with that hub. But I am still concerned about them retiring the classic app and not being able to use ST Anything.

i’m not too familiar with ST Anything, but people have been able to get some custom handlers working with the new app. I think we’ll know more after SDC in November.

Once Samsung/SmartThings publishes some developer documentation for the new platform, I’ll take a look at tweaking the ST_Anything Device Handlers to work with the new app. For now, everyone should keep using the Classic App for ST_Anything.

3 Likes

Thanks for the great project! I am working on an IR remote for light controls using the Arduino to pass light control levels on to the SmartThings hub which has the dimmers on it. Learning how to write the device handlers is an interesting challenge.

1 Like

Please elaborate. I am not able to connect my new V3 hub to Smarththings Classic. This will be used for Konnected home security which I believe only works on Classic. Please don’t use abbreviations (what is STSC?) as I am new to this Smartthings stuff!

Why not? Use the new SmartThings (Samsung Connect) (aka STSC) App on your phone to claim/register your v3 hub. Afterwards, using the same Samsung Account, log into the SmartThings Classic App on your phone. Voila!

1 Like

I have both classic and samsung connect installed. STSC found my v3 hub no problem and it works properly.

Classis still says “No Hub in your location” “Connect a Hub Now”. When I try to connect a hub in Classic, it asks fro the code.

In the Classic App, try to change your LOCATION to the one being used by your v3 hub.

I don’t have a v3 hub and I don’t use the new App… so I am just guessing at this point based on what I’ve read in other threads.

1 Like

Haha, that did it! I didn’t set the location. Thank you!

Now I need to figure out this Konnected alarm…

1 Like

Pretty please ST_anything -> Samsung Connect App

Samsung still has not published any documentation on Hub connected devices for the new platform. The Classic App works fine still. What’s the rush?

@ogiewon have you looked at the new SmartThings Device Kit at all? It’s direct to the cloud and seems to be a way to connect anything to SmartThings.

1 Like

No, I haven’t looked at it as I feel the cloud is not the correct direction to take home automation. I have moved over to Hubitat and am loving fast, reliable, private, local processing. ST_Anything runs great on Hubitat using the same design as on ST. I don’t see a compelling reason to redesign things at the moment.

4 Likes

From my side I would love to have the new app controlling St_Anything devices since it can also control my TV and gives me notifications for other Samsung appliances.
No rush though, I will wait until documentation is out.

I’m new to this smart things and came across your st_anything platform and I’m really interested in it! I’m an electrician with some line/ladder logic as-well as some other things. I have been messing with Adriano and want to set up some I/Os for a system I want to build. Is there anything you can send me? How to get started

Welcome to SmartThings. The best way to get started is by following the ST_Anything ReadMe in my GitHub repo.

2 Likes

i actually found that last and started reading it! great info! I have an uno but i was wondering what you recommended that is Ethernet based and more memory.

1 Like