ST and Harmony Elite Hub - Switching Input on Shutdown

Did you end up getting this to work?

So I turned on debugging tonight and tried troubleshooting it a bit more. What I found out was that it seems as if the piston is firing just as it should be and instead the problem lies in the virtual switch within ST updating once the Harmony Activity (or the All Off) is triggered from the Harmony Remoteā€¦

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Thanks!

Are you using Harmony to turn that switch off? Can you detail out the whole process you have set up?

I had the same issue with the ST Harmony activity switches and I now use CoRE to update the Harmony Media device every few minutes. Iā€™ve had it going since CoRE was created and it works well for keeping the Virtual switches updated. The good part is you only need to update one of the ST Harmony virtual switches and the others follow. Hope that helps.

That sounds like the same issue. How did you set up the piston to handle that? I didnā€™t see an obvious time based recurring option.

Thanks!

This is how I have it set up. I have one Piston for when Iā€™m home and another when Iā€™m away. Iā€™m also using these pistons to set variables for use elsewhereā€¦

Thanks so much for the help. I think I was able to get it to work using your suggestion of an additional piston. My logic was essentially: If any of my virtual switches changes, refresh all of my entertainment center virtual switches.

While this works in theory, it still requires something to change in my house (other than the virtual switches coming from Harmony) in order for this to be triggered. While that is likely to happen at some point, it adds a really significant delay at times.

Is there really no way to just have a piston run on a timer?
Anything else anyone can think of as possible solutions?

Thanks everyone!

A piston can run on a timer, yes. In your condition, choose Time, then Happens At, then Every Number of Minutes or Hours. The piston will then fire at the interval you specify.

1 Like

Ahhh perfect. I was assuming it would only allow a specific time of the day versus at every minute etc. I should be able to combine all of the solutions you guys provided to make this work now. Thanks everyone!

1 Like