Spouse has approved lighting project... any suggestions?

I like the Cree bulbs. They resemble incandescent bulbs more than any other LED bulbs like vitamincm stated. Most LED bulbs cast light on one direction, up and away from the base. Cree bulbs cast light up and also down. In a lamp they, it’s hard to notice the difference from incandescent bulbs. Just pay attention to the wording on the box. If it says soft white, it will be more like incandescent with a slight yellowish warm color rated at 2700 K. If it says daylight, it is a sharp white almost bluish light rated 5000 K. I bought 1 daylight version by accident. Huge difference and did not look good (to my eyes) inside. It replaced the soft white on the back porch.

When receiving power, this bulb will act as a signal repeater to extend the range of your ZigBee mesh network.

Thanks for the input on cree bulbs, I went to Homed depot and picked up 3 great for my bedroom lamps.

1 Like

My favorite setup was Lutron Caseta through the Harmony Hub. I know it’s more involved and complicated but Caeta works very well. It still connects to Alexa and I tied them to routines through SmartThings. They just work. It seems the Harmony integration is spotty at times through SmartThings so that’s something to keep in mind. Also, Caseta is more expensive than z-wave but you get what you pay for. On the plus side, they are easy to install (no neutral wire either), they integrate with a ton of other smart home systems and devices (my ring turns some lights on when there is motion) and they are high-quality. They now have Sonos integration with pico remotes.

The only thing to consider as far as your wife is concerned is the form-factor of the Caseta switches. They are flat. My fiancé complained for the first few weeks but now she wouldn’t have anything else.

1 Like

[quote=“whosinaname, post:8, topic:57842”]I am an avid indoorsman, I wouldn’t know what to do with a bass boat :smile:
[/quote]

I’m sorry to have to do this, but I don’t make the rules.

2 Likes

Yeah, she’s a keeper :smiley:

Hey now, I am a man who can control my house with my voice… Real men use their voice to have others do their bidding… “Alexa, reinstate man card!”. Problem solved :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So could my father: “Son, the news is on…change the TV channel.”

2 Likes

Yep, and they would yell “don’t turn the knob so quick if you break it I’ll tan your hide!”

3 Likes