[OBSOLETE] Sport Notifications SmartApp

Not sure, but it seems the speaker levels are changing due to something sent by Big Talker. Unless you’ve set the speaker level in the NHL Notification Service … I think the device handler for the speaker tries to reset the level if it is overridden in the API call.

It’s possible Big Talker is sending requests to the speaker at the same time NHL Notification Service is.

I turned off Big Talker and not seeing the issue again…

What about integrating with Github so the updates are easier?

Guess I’m not sure what you are asking? I am putting this in github … You can add my github repo to update from directly.
owner: ejluttmann
name: SmartThings
branch: master

1 Like

For some reason it’s pulling up your readme files to be updated using the github integration.

Oh a side note, i was trying to get the lights to match the game last night without a delay. Almost needed 10 secs.

Okay, I’ve moved the README.md files … see if that works better.

I had a timeout at 25 seconds and it still occurred last night.
Not a critical issue.
I can setup a rule in CoRE that will Pause my Sonos after my GCal switch goes off for the game.

I’m not hearing the boo…

I assume you enabled boos in the goals notification section right?

It was enabled when updated. I just selected done to update. Everything else works.

Thank You.

Patrick Mjoen
Please excuse any typos.

Any other thoughts on not hearing the boos? Looks like its on by default.

I tested it before I released it and it was working for me. I attempted to check yesterday with the Pens (my wifes team) but they won 4-0. Not sure I’ll have time tonight but I’ll try to set something up to test again.

This looks cool. Will circle back once college football and NFL seasons roll around.

Right now, NHL is the only client service I’ve written … but football is on the radar. The biggest issue is finding a ‘free’ realtime api that can be utilized :wink:

1 Like

Also, if you can get log traces during an opponent score, that might help me debug the issue as well.

Do you set the volume for the Boos similar to the goals?

Yes, it uses the same volume field as the horn

Boo just worked for me

Still not working for me… not sure what the issue is. Anyone else using a Samsung speaker?

Thank You.

Patrick Mjoen
Please excuse any typos.

You might try to cut/paste the lastest update again and republish. Just to make sure there are no differences?