[OBSOLETE] Sport Notifications SmartApp

Thanks for your hard work, I made my donation… Will continue as new functionality comes, I got a speaker today and works great…

2 Likes

Thanks so much and so quick

It would be great if we could play an MP3 of people booing the the opponent scored. I realize this isn’t possible as it would have to know the team you were playing, but still.

A general Boo track could be played. I do know the opponent team if there are Boo tracks somewhere for each team :wink:

1 Like

I think a standard booing track would work fine.

1 Like

Ya that’s what I was thinking as well.

1 Like

Here is a sound clip:

http://soundbible.com/488-Crowd-Boo-5.html. Would just have to download and host somewhere.

LOL … I was going to use this one :slight_smile:
http://soundbible.com/654-Crowd-Boo-And-Heckles.html

I heard that one but sounded like a hoard of Zombies… lol The other one sounded more like boos.

1 Like

NHL Notification Service: v 0.96

• Added option in Goal Notifications section to play crowd Booing when the opponent scores.
  • Reorganized some of the sections under Text Notifications
  • Optimized the code when getting list of teams to prevent unnecessary HTTP requests.
  • Modifications to prevent duplicate goal messages if team scores in overtime to end the game.
1 Like

I haven’t updated in a while (work getting in the way) has it been modified yet where you can get the sms notifications without the horn and lights?

Just wondering?

Also I was told during the game the other night, the horn played then stopped when it was supposed to by the setting in the app. Then it immediately played the whole sound. Was only for the first goal of Tue game.

Hopefully I’ll be home for tonight’s game.

If all you are wanting are notifications, just install the actual NHL app.

That is an option.

I believe that was the original intent of this app. So they could get updates when they were away. Then it grew to be even better, with more options and capabilities.

I was just curious?

Anyone else using a Sonos for this?
I’m experiencing an oddity that I know is due to the way I use my Sonos.

I have my Sonos connected to my Fire tablet rather than my phone (so I never have to disconnect and reconnect to it). This means I just hit “Pause” to stop the music (physically on the Sonos).

After a goal is scored and it plays the audio clip, it will then go back to my music, but it will start playing it even though I had it paused.

You’ve always been able to do that … just only enabled the Text Notifications section. Goal Notifications section is what controls the goal lights and speakers. Text Notifications section is for Push and SMS messages … althought I’ve added text-to-speaker support in the Text Notification section as well.

I’ve had this issue at times too on my DLNA speaker … I think if I set a timeout (instead of letting it play to the end), I have less of an issue. Not sure the cause yet.

I’ll try that out. There’s a Caps game tonight so I should know when I get home from work.

Luckily, I keep my Sonos quiet since I use it as white noise for sleeping, so it’s not blaring at 40% volume until I get home.

@ejluttmann this app is awesome, just updated to the latest and I can’t wait to hear the boos… still trying to figure out the flash timing on my lights that fade on and fade off.

BTW, anyone using this app should consider donating to the developer. He’s done an amazing job and appreciation definitely helps.

2 Likes

Okay, Thanks

I am having an odd scenario… When the goal sound plays part of the way through it the volume changes (Samsung R1 speaker). Here is a image of the activity