Soundbar volume control with google home

I recently switched out from using Vera to control everything. Never had any issues with harmony integration. Goggle home no longer works with the vera bridge, so I switched to Smartthings. Now, for the life of me, I can’t figure out how to get Google home to control the volume properly. When I say, “Hey Google, tell harmony to turn the volume up”, it jumps up 3 or 4 points. That is WAYYYY too much. I usually only need 1 or 2 points up at a time. Same thing happens when I ask for volume down (will jump down several points). I have a harmony hub with a vizio soundbar. Any input would be much appreciated!

This sounds like you are using the Google Home to Harmony integration which has nothing to do with smarrthings.

I use Alexa for Voice control and I know there was a way to change how much the volume increments but I’m not home and can’t remember the steps.

1 Like

Ok…so a quick search yielded
https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-google-assistant

Go to bottom and under FAQ’s has the steps to change the default increment/decrement.

1 Like

Ugh, I’m an idiot. I was so used to my Vera controlling the harmony, I didn’t even realize smartthings wasn’t a factor here. I scoured the smartthings forums looking for an answer, but never thought to look at harmony. Thanks for the info! Worked like a charm!