Sorry, but there was an unexpected error

It is happening to me also.

Here as well. No amount of restarting the hub, the app, or the phone(Android) seems to have any affect.

As Bobby so eloquently put itā€¦

ā€œUnplug now, to get used to the heightened ST capabilitiesā€¦ā€

Yes, something is definitely up as of late.

I had to laugh that they are emailing about paying for video clips come February. They need to fix the core smart things experience first. Then, fix the abomination of the ā€œsupported camerasā€ that need rebooting constantly before asking for money.

Letā€™s hope they are making some giant discoveries behind the scenes. Last two weeks have been pretty bad.

1 Like

You guys still seeing this?

Yes, just saw it when opening a room.

Not anymoreā€¦ 20 char.

I get these same errors on androidā€¦ along with network.connection errors ALL THE TIME NOW

Lets hope everyone is back to work this week and can get this fixed!!!

1 Like

Getting these errors constantly, along with Network Connection errors and modes/routines randomly failing. Rebooted hub, cleared app cache, etc. Opened a ticket but nothing yet.

Yep - the android app is a really annoying POS at this point.
Frequently complains about my network, gives unexpected errors every few minutes, and a new green Updated panel that stays in your face for about 10 seconds longer than needed.
Horrible.

2 Likes

Iā€™m having a really hard time getting Rule Machine to work right nowā€¦ hadnā€™t had this issue on previous versions, on previous days. Something seems to have happened on the back-end.

Happening like crazy this morning. I canā€™t even set up a new rule because it is failing when I enter the rule setup.

Itā€™s come back for me too, but when I see it, I just back out and come back in with no ill effectsā€¦

Last night it took me about 20 minutes of trying to get in on Android to edit a rule. It kept saying network connectivity problem, or couldnā€™t load page, or something, not always the same. Very weird how it seems to have gone downhill while ST is off on holiday (?).

1 Like

I corrected that for you.

Iā€™ve been trying to install rule machine for a week - always seem to either screw up (possible but not EVERY time, or hit one of these ā€œtimesā€.

1 Like

donā€™t you just miss this dashboard? :joy:

constant errors in the app them blank pagesā€¦ go back and in or kill it and it works next time.
there is a major issue with the android app!!!

1 Like

I am a new smartthings user. After a ton of research I finally picked up the smartthings hub last Friday.

I have had this error in the Android app almost non-stop, starting with the very first time I opened the app to configure my hub.

I have since setup about 6 devices and many smartapps, and this error still constantly pops up.

Must be system overload due to all the new users after Christmas

Hi bravenelā€¦

Iā€™ve had the same problems with rule machine on android. I think Iā€™ve reinstalled three timez now. I love your appā€¦itā€™s just not playing well on android. I hope they get it fixed because your app is very COOL!!!