Sorry, but there was an unexpected error

I understand but I don’t think the SmartThings status page is all about you :wink: :wink:

Of course my comment was tongue in cheek. There is a lot that works but it isn’t trusted because things that used to work keep breaking so I really don’t trust any aspect of this system. I really think the company that realizes that HA needs to stand for “high availability” not just home automation will be extremely successful.

Hey guys, we published a fix for this today. How’s everything looking?

Still getting it - as well as the network error (and I’m sure it’s not my network).

Also had Droid app crash once. I’d already cleared cache and forced a stop to ensure a clean start.

Previously I could not delete an app. mod an app or much else. Was able today to do a couple under rule machine ok. - but kept getting the unexpected error.

Still getting the error in the Android app!!! It’s definitely not my network either.

@slagle,

terrible… no change for me

It was a background change.

Thanks for the feedback. I will put this up to our android team.

What time today was it posted ? Why doesn’t ST have a page that lists when updates are pushed out on the server side. It would really help when issue show up/go away.

I ask because currently my app seems to be working but at 10am HST I was getting a lot of these errors. Maybe some of the causes of the issues were fixed but not all.

I would think telling us what they fixed may help determine what is happening. It may make it clear why the fix worked for some but not all.

1 Like

In the limited testing I just did, I have not seen the problem. I am on 2.0.6 Android. I’ll certainly let you know if it shows up again :slight_smile:

(android app) I killed the app and reran. I am still getting the error in notifications as of this moment (9pm EST). It seems to be less frequent as far as I can tell.

E.

@slagle I just had the “Network not responding issue” while trying to exclude my Aeon Doorbell. I am 100% sure the network was fine because the exclude continued and everything worked while the red network issues message remained the entire time.

Sorry, this problem has NOT been fixed. It just showed up several times as I was using the app.

Still getting the error, repeatedly. It actually pops up any time i open the app. Also, my location based routine changes are still not working.

Thanks for the feedback guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Working a lot better now for me in a short test.

So Far it looks pretty good. I haven’t had the error come up and seems to be much faster.

Typical ST reply to just about EVERYTHING. I’m beyond frustrated with hearing this. Do they not QA any of their software and just expect the user base to find bugs for them?! This company is starting to become a joke.

Still won’t find me going back to wink lol

1 Like

Working better for me also, fingers crossed, It has been very frustrating.

1 Like

So far, have not seen the unexpected error, it does seem to take a loooong time to refresh some screens.

Also Droid app crashed twice.

On long threads like these I’ll generally read the top few response, maybe 10 or so and then the bottom few to see few to see if there’s any sort of solution. I didn’t see anyone specifically mention that it was occurring when they attempted to access their activity. I saw people mentioning that it was preventing them from adding new SmartApps and the like which is not the same issue as I’m seeing, thus why I asked a specific question.

To contribute to this thread, I did a factory reset on my phone last night (unrelated to smartThings) so I have the latest app and I’m not seeing any improvement. Still getting unexpected error when accessing activity.