SONOS Issues?

I have 2 and they are both working well for me.
I have given them both DHCP reservation on my router (fixed IP address) or whatever you want to call it!!!
Besides playing music through the app on my phone, I have integrated them with ST so they play announcements when we arrive home, motion in house when we are away (the police have been informed that your have broken into my house and will attend), and also turn on and play a radio station when we arrive home during the day. love 'em!!!
I do not have the bridge BTW.

I hear you! :slight_smile:

Although for me SONOS is awesome on itā€™s own which is why I havenā€™t been too focused this.

I did have it set up at one point when our basement door was opened dogs started barkingā€¦ that was kind of cool when it worked but drove my wife crazy.

I also own an echo and Amazon has promised SONOS integration there as well.

So, does anyone here have > 3 Sonos devices connected? That seemed to be the point where things would start to fall apart before.

I tried to add a few sonos speakers back in but no go. System still too unstable. Really disappointed. Waiting to see what Amazon Echo integration brings.

1 Like

I have 3 Sonos speakers - all with reserved IP addresses. My ST integration has been very stable - over the last 2-3 years, I have had only a few instances where I needed to reconnect them.

1 Like

@infofiend hope you donā€™t plan on buying another Sonos. Static IPā€™s or not, your entire ZWave network will slowly fall apart when you do.

Pretty sad this has been a known bug for over a year now, and no one from ST seems to be working on it still.

Lol. I guess I was lucky enough to only have 3.

Do you know if anyone knows / has looked into the root cause? Iā€™ve been looking into older versions (canā€™t find the code of the most recent version) of the Sonos (Connect) service manager (Iā€™m trying to build a better one) and have noticed that they appear to only have the capacity for 3 speakers.

Edit: actually its the code for the Sonos Player DTH that is limited to 3 - itself and 2 others.

I donā€™t think they are at all. but that may well change with the new API changes that Sonos are introducing with V7 of the controller (Public Beta available now) which are all the things needed to have Amazon Alexa integrated with Sonos (which i am hoping i can get on the private beta with it)

I have 7 Sonos devices and all are connected to ST. I am still on V1 Hub with no interest in trying V2. I have had many problems with the Sonos integration over the years of ST. But I am on the Beta testing for Sonos v7. Ever since I updated to the Beta itā€™s worked perfectly. Notifications play on multiple sonos devices (not at the same time of course) and starts playing music using either the Sonos apps or with CoRe. I even have it connected to my Google Home. (Google Home BTW sees the Sonos as a dim-able light so you have to say ā€œdim to xx%ā€ to turn the volume up/down.) Finger crossed that ST doesnā€™t break it with an update like typical ā€œupdatesā€ do.

1 Like

Iā€™m a private alpha/beta tester for Sonos, but I never imagined this could be something fixed by Sonos ā€“ Iā€™ll try connecting my other speakers and see if ST crashes and burns or not.

Iā€™ve had all my Sonos devices (7 total) exposed to ST since last week, and havenā€™t had a drop out yet!!

Just to add to the noise here - I have 7 Sonos (Sonoses? Sonosum?) that were working fine with ST until somewhere around the beginning of November. Then they just stopped responding to ST commandsā€¦soā€¦ thereā€™s that.

I donā€™t care enough to try and get it to go againā€¦

You know what, I had the same experience. Switched to using Yonomi and it seems to be reliable now to play, pause, skip, and set a preset volume level.

1 Like

I think the ideas behind these services are very cool. Just not willing to commit right nowā€¦

< old man yelling at cloud rant >

I am getting more and more jaded about having to sign up for yet another service. Would really like to keep things as local as possible - for speed, reliability and privacy.

No guarantee that the such services wonā€™t eventually either disappear completely or start charging money. Am uncomfortable with trusting them with my private data - yes even SmartThings but kinda stuck with that one!

For the average consumer it seems like (privacy and/or financial) death by 1,000 cuts these days.

< /old man yelling at cloud rant >
:grin:

1 Like

can someone help me pls

Iā€™m having a similar issue with my Sons Play 1 and Play 3. Someone please help.