Sonos How-To, Docs

Question about how to install the Sonos App for a multi-room Sonos system:

Should each room be installed as a separate thing? Would the process be to run the Sonos (Connect) App, discover the Sonos devices and then create one room, name it, and repeat for the other rooms? Or, is the intention that the Sonos App will allow us to choose a room or rooms when setting up an App (such as Sonos (Control)) that uses Sonos?

Questions about Sonos App coding:

Is there any documentation on the commands (methods) that can be executed on the Sonos?

Is there a command (method) that will allow the playing of a track that is stored locally on my LAN (in a music library configured in Sonos)? This would seem to be more reliable and less prone to latency than sending it across the web, at least for those sounds I already have stored in a music library . . .

Thanks,

I found the following - this appears to be the list of commands (under the device capabilities):

play()
pause()
stop()
nextTrack()
playTrack(string)
setLevel(number)
playText(string)
mute()
previousTrack()
unmute()
setTrack(string)
resumeTrack(string)
restoreTrack(string)

Now looking for an explanation, the syntax, and examples for these commands . . . also the logic behind them (e.g., do they have to be executed in specific sequence).

Thanks!

@ecm56

Did you get this figured out?

I’m trying to get it to resume properly when the source is in-line when model is Sonos PLAY:5 and TV when model is Sonos PLAYBAR.

I also want to resume at the original volume.

Documentation improvements coming up! Very soon.