Sonoff Smart WiFi switch integration

I was thinking of doing something very similar and it sounds like what you want would work too. Here’s my plan once I buy a few. I could either go with webcore or stringify. As what I want to do isn’t too complicated, I’ll go the stringify route.

1. Create a virtual on off switch
  2. Add the virtual switch as a thing in Stringify.
  3. Create a flow in Stringify. When my Arlo camera’s detect motion, trigger virtual switch/switches on then when the virtual switch is triggered on, IFTTT will then close the SONOFF(turning lights on) for x amount of time, then turn off virtual switch/switches which will then trigger another IFTTT rule to open the SONOFF turning my lights back off.

I will also create another virtual switch and tie it to another IFTTT rule to just turn on and off these lights without using my camera’s as a trigger.

This should satisfy my outside flood light I hope. I have 6 bases with 3 bulbs each controlled by relays, so I plan on putting these SONOFF’s on the other side of the relays, hopefully I wont need 6 of them, but we shall see, I am going to dig into it this weekend to see what I need to do.

edit: Follow these directions to create the virtual switch.

2 Likes