Somfy Motorized Blinds (Z-Wave)

@mbial - not sure how to PM either, can’t see the option anywhere, but interested in one of these as well if you have some left.

@codytruscott Can you share where you purchased these from and how you decided what option worked with your windows?

I’m having a custom blind install put in wood shades and roller blinds and would like to automate them and save some $

Just FYI the ZRTSI II Home Automation Interface is $90, you can see it on home depots website.

1 Like

Can you share the URL?

A quick google search gives us this URL: HomeDepot

It’s listed at the very bottom of the page.

Here is my update of Ash’s DH with multi-tile, and a few fixes for displaying My/stop status.

https://github.com/imnotbob/SmartThings-1/blob/Develop/somfy_shades.groovy

1 Like

@E_Sch Looks promising! Installed on Android today and like the layout.

Hello,

Just wondering if there is an update on the Somfy blinds GUI for ST’s.
Will a interface be available that a non developer can use instead of a dimmer device type?

Thanks in advance

Updated device type with new Window Shade capability

Should be backwards compatible as far as capabilities to earlier versions from Ash

1 Like

@E_Sch Another nice update. The layout looks good and so far working. I just switched all my blinds to you previous revision yesterday.

I will let you know if I have any issues .

Can you send a print screen of how it appears in smartthings now with the new capability for window shades available.

The new capability did not change the multi-tile interface. It does change what is available as far as states and commands. This device shows as a switch, dimmer, and Window Shade capabilities (to maintain backward compatibility)

Here is the screen shot:

I have a question about the dimmer function - the far left/right do open and close the shade but everything in between is less predictable (at least I can’t predict it). How does the device type know what is 30% open or 60% open? I don’t think the motor itself knows these items either except the “stop/my” position. I wonder if some sort of time based setting for fractional opening could be implemented? For example if it takes 10 seconds to go from full open to closed then 30% open would be 3 seconds of open followed by stop?

The physical device does not report % open, so the slider lets us send the my/stop command when the slider is set to 26-74%. The issue is somfy does not report when stopped where it is.

For that matter it does not report accurately where it is in general. Hence the device handler tries to remember the last requested state. If they get out of sync just in ST set it to open, close or my and it is sync’d. If the physical device is already in the requested state, it will not move.

Limitations of somfy and ZRTSII

Thanks; do you think my idea is crazy about having a setting in the device handler for number of seconds to open or close (should be the same) and using the slider to send a stop command after the appropriate fractional amount of time?

I think relying on a short window timer is only going to cause you problems. You will lucky if it works 50% of the time.

I am trying to setup a rule machine rule for this - toggling the blinds “on” (up) and using a delayed toggle for “off”. This works as intended except I really need to toggle the “stop” command instead of toggling on/off because on/off moves the blinds in the opposite direction instead of stopping them. Does anybody have some thoughts about how I can send an on or off command followed by a delay and a stop command (I’m using @ash’s Somfy blind device type). Thanks.

Using the older device types, commands are on (open) off (closed), dimmer 50% (stop/my)

If using the latest device, it also support the new capabilities Window Shade which adds to the above

open, close, presetposition. I don’t think Rule machine supports the new Window Shade capabilities yet. @bravenel can comment on this.

Assuming rule machine does not support the Window Shade, using switch you would send
open, close, or dim 50% to achieve the 3 different commands. Rule machine should be able to do this fine.

Thanks very much Eric!

In case it helps anyone else using Amazon Echo to control Somfy for shades. The Echo seems to set any dimmable device type to 25% when you say “Alexa turn on (or open) xyz”. (Lots of people report the same default 25% issue with many lighting device types). With most community contributed Somfy device types that 25% setting would result in window shades not opening until you repeat the open command to Alexa. The level of 25% is considered closed. And that second open command results in full open 100% unless you tell Alex to set level to 50% etc. My wife thought specifying a level % was too much trouble.

The quick work around is to change device handler code} else if (level <= 25) to } else if (level <= 24) so a level of 25 now becomes the My/Open setting with the first Alexa voice command. In my case, the first open command to Alexa now opens shades to the My set point. And the next open command opens shades all the way. Nifty for real world usage.

1 Like