Something big is coming! (June 2021 app update)

New app looks good. One thing I’m noticing is that the SmartThings Cameras are all off and I can’t switch them back on.

No but is sounds like your describing an issue in the iOS version of the app thats likely cured by uninstalling / reinstalling the app on that person’s device…

Anyone have any tips for make custom wallpapers look good? Have been downloading iOS or android wallpaper pictures, but doesn’t look so good even after undoing the blur background.

I had the same missing automations issue as ikjadoon. Same fix worked, force closing app.

1 Like

Did Samsung remove the ability to add custom smartapps? I only see the default ones and the ones I have already added. Thanks for your help!

I totally agree! So frustrating today trying to control things just to find out the app updated to something unusable. I eventually deleted the app and reinstalled it and things seem to be updating and controllable again. I did notice that I can’t add any of my smartapps anymore. This might be the last draw and I’ll be switching over to hubitat.

SmartApps are added via the IDE. Are you trying to add them via the app somehow? I’ve always added through the IDE.

I’ve always used the app to add them (not the code but instance of the smartapp). I figured out how to get that back! You have to enable developer mode in the SmartThings app. I guess I have things working again until groovy officially goes away.

1 Like

Automation tab, plus sign.

1 Like

It’s, been said already, but guessing your scene in 7 letters or fewer isn’t an easy game to play if you have more than a handful of scenes written.

6 Likes

Or choose a smaller font display on your mobile device :slight_smile: or disable bold text

1 Like

Where’s that ST setting in the app? You’re not suggesting I alter all the fonts for all apps in iOS, lol?

Yep, that is what I am suggesting

1 Like

Does anyone with an iPhone use push notifications? I’m not 100% being a new ‘app’ but I think they got rid of pushes, can anyone confirm?

Did you select to send to specific members? If yes, were there two listings for yourself and you only selected one of those?

I have two listings for myself in specific members and only one works. Also, if you do not enable to send to a specific member the notifications work.

Follow up: I found an iPad that was not receiving notifications. I uninstalled/reinstalled the ST app and notifications started working again on it.

1 Like

Really disappointed in the app update. All I wanted was a simple view of all my devices’ battery health. I own dozens of SmartThings devices (and others) and checking them one by one is a real chore. It’s a huge oversight in the app.

How much work went into this redesign only to leave basic features like this still missing?

I had devices I had deleted come back from the dead.

I used to be able to see all my devices by room on one page and to hide some devices from view. Now I am forced to flip through rooms to get to them or see one giant list of all devices. This is worse than before.

On Android and iOS, my notifications are still working. However, I looked at my Automations, and I too have two entries listed for myself as well when I select send to specific members. YUK!

So, I’m thinking the reason for two exactly same accounts is that one is my Samsung account that I’m using now, and the other one is my old legacy SmartThings account I used before they had me switch over to the Samsung account perhaps? If so, then maybe they could show Samsung or SmartThings on each account because right now both of them look identical which is confusing.

Which is exactly what the Favorites page does…

2 Likes

Who moved my cheese!?

Only some will understand

4 Likes

It isn’t what the favorites page does, that page is not split by room. It’s just a giant list.