Some devices lost functionality after upgrade

Hello! I recently upgraded to the new Smartthings app on my Samsung phone. Most every device is working fine, but two: Qubino Flush Shutter; Aeon Motor Controller. They are my only devices for window treatments. One says it’s offline and the other looks like it’s being recognized as a light. How can I fix this? Thanks!

Hi! did you try adding them again? It’s possible that a reboot is needed, did you have any automation working on them, are they still working?

My guess is that those devices are using custom DTH’s that aren’t compatible with the new app. You might want to check and see if there are updated DTH’s for either, but if that doesn’t work your only solution might be to go back to the classic app. I have two devices that I can’t get to work in the new app, and several others that work but with more limited functionality.

1 Like

The automations I set up in the classic app are still working. I just can’t control them from the new app.

I found this statement from Qubino that says not to expect all features to work until they’re done working on Smartthings integration. https://support.qubino.com/support/solutions/articles/44001696193-smartthings-including-integration

I updated the device handler from v 1.0 to 1.11, but that didn’t fix the problem.

I’m searching for information on the Aeon Motor Controller.

That means your devices are only supported in the Classic App. And they should work there. That’s why your Routines are working in the Classic App.

They will definitely post about when they released a full feature version of the DH which is compatible with the new app. Even, I guess it will be already available in the new app without the need to add it to your IDE.

Thanks, @GSzabados!