Solid Green Light, but APP and IDE reporting Hub Offline

My V2 hub has a solid green light but is showing offline in iOS App and IDE.

Everyhting was fine last night i can see in the event list

hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000047, hardwareInfo: 000E

and then 1 minute after it went offline.

Tried restart, tried hard reset, light goes blue and then always returns to green.

Any ideas im at a loss!

Brad

I have the same problem.

2016-08-15 11:57:16.782 AM CDT
hub updater action: notify, status: SUCCESS, target: 00000000, version: 00000047, hardwareInfo: 000D

And then 1 minute later it sent:
Your SmartThings Hub at Home is now inactive. Please check your internet connection.

My lights are also green and resetting doesn’t seem to help.

Help!

After many emails to support i’m up and running again. Credit to the UK support team they are very good and responses were very quick.

Login to IDE.

Remove Hub from current location.

Create NEW location

Login to APP

Switch to new location

Add the hub to this new location (requires your 6 digit welcome code)

And hey presto working again, Hub is also reporting the new firmware version now, defiantly seems to be something to do with getting stuck in the update.

Remove old location (Mine would not remove, i got an error message from the app, and from IDE i got 505 bad request)

Emailed support and they deleted the old location for me within 30min

Job Done

Update: I contacted SmartThings via the Online Chat. Ben was able to identify the problem and got me working in about 2-3 minutes. He said that after the upgrade, my hub was trying to contact the wrong server. He changed that, and everything started working. We didn’t have to make a new location or anything.

Brad, thanks for your post!

I tried the Live Chat (UK) as was told its not for Smart Things, although I clicked Live Chat through the Smart Things support!

Glad your all up and running, wish mine had been that simple.