Solatube dimmer (damper) control

I’ve got one of these dimmer kits which uses a motorized damper. The rocker switch that came with it is fine, but I cannot seem to locate a zwave version of such a switch.

You have to physically hold the rocker up or down for a good 10 seconds to get the damper all the way opened or closed - or less of course, for somewhere in between.

What I’d like to find is a zwave switch that can just open or close it all the way based on triggers, but haven’t been able to find anything. Not even the manufacturer has replied to me.

Anyone?

We are getting ready to install some Solatubes in our house. I would like to have the dimmer kits controlled by my SmartThings hub too. Does anyone have an idea about how to do this?

The problem with the Solatube “dimmer” is that it uses DC and I couldn’t find any plug-and-play ready solutions for Zwave at the switch plate that would work.

A few people described some rather complicated solutions to the problem but none of them interested me.

It’s been a couple of years now and Solatube offers zero help/assistance here and the dimmer switch is incredibly low tech. I’m going to reach out again to them directly to see if they have an AC solution I could hook a Zwave swtich up to, but I’m not holding my breath.

After 2 years of using it, I realize the “dimmer” aspect of the control is something I never use. I’d be happy with an open/closed (on/off) at this point.