SMS Notification from Netatmo's CO2 and Noise sensors

I have the Turn on a Vent if the CO2 is High, though I’d also like to get an SMS when it happens. Same for the Noise level. I done seem to find anything besides IFTTTT that can do this. I’m trying to Consolidate the Home Automation down to the SmartThings and SmartRules Apps.

Thanks!

It would have to be a custom SmartApp. CO2 and Noise Level are not official capabilities and there is not a standard way to detect devices that have such capabilities.

1 Like

@slagle is like a genie lamp. Just ask and, POOF!

1 Like

Hey Tim, I do have your Monitor App Installed, it is pretty Slick!

Though I was looking for Text Alerts vs Push Notifications. The Push Notifications do not seem that reliable vs Text Notifications. I was going to see if I could add them, though Have not gotten that far in your code.

I also wanted to do things like CO2 is High, turn on the Nest Thermostat Fan, or the Whole House Fan.

Thank you!

This is something I could work through on Live Code Friday(10/23) if you are interested. I will be guest hosting for @pstuart this week.

1 Like

Hey jodyalbritton,

I worked over Tim’s Monitor App and have a pretty good start. There were some cast issues with the Values coming form Netatmo, though not sure if they changed the data type returned or not. I think with that and another SmartApp I can get a CO2 to Enable/Disable a Switch. What is Live Code Friday?

Thanks,

Is this still functional?

It will be deprecated with groovy.