SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...)

I too am getting this non-action after the ST update :rage: Is this the end for v5.8 ??? @tgauchat

Please bear with us while we investigate and come up with a solution.

2 Likes

For reference, this is occurring on my W10 PC. I have another dashboard on wifeā€™s Android phone with the old token working, it is still working. No sign on required.

I have added an Outage Notice to the SmartTiles website while we investigate.

The notice post & Twitter will be updated as we get more information.

http://www.smarttiles.click/outages-bugs/outage-smarttiles-outage-for-some-users-after-119-smartthings-platform-upgrade/

##Update:
We have marked this as Resolved. Please add posts if youā€™re still experiencing this issue.

2 Likes

It seems to be working again for me. Tested several times :grinning: Thanks!!!

1 Like

Hey guys, wondering if someone could help me with ā€œmulti button tileā€ in SmartTiles.
i have added a device handler for my Roomba 980. It recognize the device and when clicking on it in ST i get a 5 options menu (Clean/Spot/Home/Etc/Etc).
Currently i have added it to Smart Tiles as a ā€œSwitchā€ and it does send my roomba to clean and stop. But i am wondering how can i add an option tile same as routine or Status for an exampleā€¦ if i click on the routine tile i get a new popup menu with my routines, same as for the Status (Home/Away/Arm etc)ā€¦
is there a way to add a new tile to have it open na new menu and show me all my Roomba options?
thank you.

Unfortunately, the SmartTiles / ActionTiles platform currently has no easy way of supporting non-standard Device Type Handlers (i.e., Devices that donā€™t conform exactly to the published listed of Capabilities in the Developer Documentation).

We might hand-code some very popular non-conforming Types, but probably only if they are published by SmartThings. We might also take on custom Consulting projects, but the fees would not be cheap as this would divert our effort from our core customer base.

###For your situation, MASE, I recommend two possibilities:

1. Add a Routine for each option and then these will show up in the list of available Routines. We are likely to add ā€œRoutine Tilesā€ (i.e., individual Tiles to run a Routine) sometime in the foreseeable future.

2. Create Virtual / Simulated Switches or Momentary Device instances, sync them to the Roomba functions in the various possible ways (including CoRE and other SmartApps out there), and then add those as regular Switch or Momentary Tiles to SmartTiles.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s the mail I got recently for my problem
Disable QUIC Protocol
in URL write ā€œchrome://flags/#enable-quic Protocolā€ and hit Enter,
if will be selected as Default, now click on that drop-down and select Disabled,
now click on Relaunch in bottom.

1. Update the system Time
  2. Disable unknown or unused extensions
  3. Check if there is restrictions on Firewall or not.

If you error is still not solved, or getting other SSL error please visit <ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR ā€“ Fix by deskdecode>

I too use glimpse, did you find a workaround?

At this point, V6 (ā€œActionTilesā€) is close enough to feel its warm breathā€¦ and it eliminates login issue completely.

We encourage folks to not spend too much effort on v5.8 workarounds. They will not be applicable to ActionTiles.

One major ā€œmust haveā€ feature is being wrapped up and Betaā€™d, then weā€™ll announce release date. SmartThings has officially approved us (Works With SmartThings designation!) so thatā€™s a big uncertainty that is resolved!

ie, Iā€™m very tempted to announce the date that we will announce the date on! :wink:

I havenā€™t had to login on 2 of my tablets in days! I simply had tasker wake up the tablet every 15 minutes. There is enough activity in the tiles to keep the session alive in the minute before it goes back to sleep.

I simply run the same task that I use to wake up the screen on motion.

Itā€™s easy: create a Taker profile. Select time. Uncheck the from and to. Check the repeat and configure. Then tell it to run the task you created to wake up the tablet. This one:

I was using IP Webcam Pro as a motion detector, but it wouldnā€™t stay in the background. So I switched back to Motion Detector and all is well.

1 Like

Are there sneak previews of what v6 looks like and/or features?
No idea what v6 isā€¦

1 Like

A couple teasers and peeks will be posted ā€œsoonā€ too, but weā€™re focusing on getting the release solid and ā€œdoneā€, since itā€™s much easier if folks just try it live and in person.

You can help us out by starting to follow and share our social media channels, thoughā€¦ Links at http://www.actiontiles.com

does anyone have issues with camera streams showing up only on some devices? i have a windows 10 laptop that i use mostly for storage server and testing purposes. i can pull up my ST page and both of my blue iris streams show up there without any issue. i go back to the app on my phone to get the launcher URL from the app, load it on my phone, but neither stream loads, i just get a gray box with a broken image symbol in the top left corner. Is there a limit to the number of concurrent streams? thats never been an issue on my BI streams before. or is it an issue with Android? The URL has to be right since it works on one device, but loading the same page on another doesnt work. any tips? Thanks!!

There are definitely some limits (and weā€™re looking into various ways to quantify and perhaps work-around them in the future). @625alex has done some research in this area as we debug video features for V6 / ActionTiles.

Overall, native browser support for different types of video streams is steadily improving (since Flash went away!), so weā€™re optimistic that our job is getting easier and users will have better results over time.

ok cool. i seem to be having intermittent problems with the windows 8 laptop now, too. but that could be the video streams, i need to check into that first since ive had issues before. im looking forward to checking out the new Action Tiles!

Anyone with Fully Kiosk Browser have the login problem still? I tried setting up page refresh on screen on, but I still have to login sometimes. I tried the idle setting, but I am having trouble telling if it refreshes when the screen is powered off. Do I need to setup a tasker job to turn on the screen every 15 minutes?

It appears Chrome limits the number of some concurrent video streams to 6. I have tested with 12 concurrent, non BI streams and it works fine, but thereā€™s definitely an issue with running multiple BI streams. We donā€™t have a solution to that yet, but itā€™s high on our priority list to resolve this.

1 Like

App keeps crashing when I try to remove a battery item. I can do everything else just fine.

Please email: Support@SmartTiles.click