SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...)

Also when you setup Fully Kiosk browser. There is an option for it to refresh on its own when idle. I have mine set for every 15 minutes and when screen turns on. I can’t tell you the last time I have had to log in.

Could you give the online clock url? I couldn’t find one so generated a basic Web page that has a clock that is displayed locally.

sure, I used

http://ipadstopwatch.com/clock-fullscreen.html

I set it up yesterday after I updated fully, this morning it was showing the clock like it’s supposed too.

Seems to be working nicely for now.

1 Like

Thanks, I might stop my gentle alarm setup and try this over the weekend.

I am trying to create a button to switch all lights off in one go. Virtual devices is added and with smart lighting it controls all the lights. Great it works!

Now I want to add a tile to smart tiles but I cant add a momentary switch. Smart tiles keeps showing: You can’t currently add this. How can I add a tile for this button?

Is there any reason not to make that Virtual Momentary Switch an actual Virtual Switch?

Then you could use it to turn all lights off… and on

(Regardless, I’ll look into the Capability specs we support for a Momentary Button and update this response).

On is done automatically pending on light conditions and you can use smart lightning to use the buttom as off/on switch

What DTD (Device Type Handler) are you using for the Momentary Switch?

If it has Capability "Momentary" then SmartTiles will find it.

So… I cant get smarttiles to work anymore. About 2 weeks ago it started to act strange. Icons not showing, re-fresh acting weird, images not loading properly. I use it on 3 different devices. Deleted smart tiles completely and re-installed, no fix. I assumed it was a known issue, but nothing on forums or anything. Any ideas?

I just logged into mine without any trouble. (Android) Granted something is wrong with my work WiFi so I have to use my phone’s data.

I spoke too soon, I got the cloud symbol as well, I did a refresh and it came back fine. Looks like the auto refresh is hanging up.

Are you losing your WiFi connection? Mine seems fine if I don’t change connection format from LTE. (As I said, my WiFi blocks SmartTiles)

If your connection is shoddy, a failed reload will lock it until the next forced refresh.

1 Like

We’ve heard some people may need to adjust their Firewall related settings… There are some resources SmartTiles used that are sometimes blocked for no particularly good reasons.

Have you tried that Dashboard on browsers outside outside your home network?
What Devices / Browsers have you tested with?

Do you have a list of the domains requiring permission?

In desktop Chrome or Firefox, run the browser debugger (Ctrl-Shift-I) and view the Console for messages about any resources that fail to load.

1 Like

OK I used a simulated button and changed that into a Momentary button (which is notlisted as simulated). This is now working, thanks!

1 Like

Nope, wifi is strong around the house, no other devices are having this issue. I have 2 ipads, 1 asus zenpad and also tried on laptop, PC and android phone. It works at first, but during refresh it comes back to this. Sometimes it will work for a full day, so I haven’t been able to determine a pattern. I’ve used SmartTiles for about 8 months with no issues, so I feel that I am not missing something. All these devices worked fine, no settings have been changed. I too get the image “kewashi” posted. Things look different every time.

Dang this is frustrating!

We haven’t updated SmartTiles in about 4 months, so we are confident this isn’t on our end (or we’d also very likely have dozens or hundreds more reports).

From the photo, it looks more like SmartTiles’s resources than SmartThings … but, then again, there’s a lot more loaded from the SmartThings Cloud than elsewhere (like … 80% SmartThings).

If you can get browser debugging output (Ctrl-Shift-I, Console Tab), then you’ll see exactly what errors are being encountered.

You can post these or send to: Support@SmartTiles.click

I get the same from time to time running in in Safari on a Mac. It can runs for a few days with zero issues then I get that message. But, in my case a refresh helps although sometimes I have to do it three or four times. I also get the icons missing occasionally.

Sometimes the refresh will look like it’s loading the whole screen again but most of the time it just updates any tiles with changes. It sure feels like a ST issue but I’m no expert.

1 Like

I wish I understood more about how browsers handle cacheing.

If the icons and such are successfully cached to local disk (which they should be…), then any future download hiccups will actually be masked (hidden), since the browser is able to successfully load everything locally. Depending on the size of your cache, eventually these icons and such are flushed out by other data or just “aged out”, and then they need to be fetched again.

This could explain the inconsistent manifestation of the problem – but it isn’t the root cause.

Does MacOS Safari have debugging / console mode? If so, it would be valuable to see what it captures.

See attached image with browser debugging

1 Like

1 Like