SmartTiles v5.8: Deployed to Blue & Green Editions. Release notes, etc. (follow this Topic for updates...)

Just FYI for anyone who is looking to manage the CSS or Tile Order. As I stated here:

you can manage your Tile Order or the CSS just by putting at the end of your authenticated launch URL:

1. CSS = “/css?launch”
  2. Tile Order = “/list?launch”

@hajar

Mine just failed as well. The multi step authorisation sucks. Can’t wait for v6!

Verry appreciated to get V6 verry soon. Actually SmartTiles isn’t really helpful, unfortunately!

Not sure what you’re asking???

I seem to be having an issue now where when I create a new smarttile Launcher dashboard, then select “launch” it then it asks for my smartthings email and password.

can’t seem to keep it “remembering” my info. every time I select the launcher link from my Iphone, it asks for my credentials again…

Am I doing something wrong?

Or is a new “feature” with smarttiles?

thanks

1 Like

If you are using the Launcher URL, SmartThings will know if you have a still-valid IDE Login Session and not request your email/password again. Unfortunately, sessions have ridiculously short lifespans so users are faced with the login prompt quite frequently.

This is definitely not a “feature” of SmartTiles. This is a temporary limitation of Version 5.x due to the security requirements imposed upon us by SmartThings. We are accelerating development and testing of the next generation of SmartTiles (“V6”) which handles login sessions outside of SmartThings.

We will have much greater control over login session management, including very long-lived sessions if the user opts to use them.

Appreciate your understanding and patience.

1 Like

@tgauchat

okay… that’s cool… I’ll just wait it out till v6

thanks for the quick response.

1 Like

Hey there @suprdave04 I’m sorry you are having such trouble!

I posted a little how to guide up above, #241

I outlined how to get an iOS device to remember your login details. Please take a look at that, hope it helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

The situation to enter the email and password all the time is really exhausting. Although the workaround to safe those information in the browser doesn’t help much.
But I know it’s not your fault. But that makes the situation not really better :neutral_face:

Hopefully V6 is stable enough soon. Thanks for the good work and keep it up! :+1:

1 Like

Hey @tgauchat, can we at least get a hint as to v6 timing? This summer, Fall, Winter… next year…

Inquiring minds want (need) to know

Rick

We’ve just started the super secret Beta Program with a very small number of high donor invitees (shhhhh… :speak_no_evil:).

Within a week or two, @625alex and I will ask them how ready / close we are for release. Only real users will be able to give us an unbiased opinion — whether we like it or not :hear_no_evil: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

3 Likes

Not sure if this had been brought to your attention @tgauchat and @625alex but I was browsing, reading some articles and came across this one that had a SmartTiles dashboard as the leading pic!

Also tagging @erocm1231 as I know that is your Pipo in the picture.

1 Like

Best SmartThings companion app there is, just donated again to help with 6.0 development. Please don’t release an updated blue version until 6.0 and a new authentication method is available.

Thanks,

Fred

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up, Brian!

“Automated Home” has given us a couple of great mentions in the past, and we sure appreciate the publicity.

Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question for the community and @625alex and @tgauchat

I installed SmartTiles yesterday. At this stage my only regret would be not installing I sooner. I’d imagine that I’ll be contributing in the very near future to maintain something that makes the whole solution very slick and makes it family friendly. Excellent work, thanks!

Onto my question. I have 3 thermostats deployed using the code contributed here:

Here’s the issue I’m seeing.

I’m in the UK and we don’t use parts of the house for periods of time. The thermostat in one location is therefore set on Frost Protect (5C) for large amount of the time. If I try and change the temp from SmartTiles when the thermostat is set at 5C nothing happens. Through testing I’ve found out that 7C seems to the point at which it breaks or there is an issue. I can successfully drop the setpoint to 8C and then movie it back up but the minute I set the temp to 7C I lose control from SmartTiles and have to change it back to 8 in ST to regain control.

Is anyone else seeing anything similar?

Is this part of the message (image) when the auth times out? I’m starting to see this on my iPad regularly?

Yes… That or other unfriendly messages are unfortunately normal for v5.8.

Thanks. ____

1 Like

Seems like you can revert back to the non-login method by copying the ‘preview’ URL instead of the other options from the app. Once you’re in the ‘preview’ of the dashboard on iOS click on the icon to ‘copy’ the url and then open that in Safari and then click ‘add to home screen’ Assuming this is for those who haven’t selected ‘revoke access token’

4 Likes