SmartTiles Dashboard v5.7: Release March 2, 2016

Last night/today, the URL changed on two of my five dashboards. Also, the Custom CSS code for those two dashboards reset and the tile order reset. I had to redo all the CSS code, but only for those two dashboards. Has anyone else had this happen?

This used to happen periodically last fall, but I thought that ST has fixed that. I attribute it to data replication issues between servers.

It’s possible that your dashboards will reset back to the previous “correct” state on their own, but that’s not always happening.

Unfortunately, there is no known remedy for this

I think SmartThings had some major issues over the past couple of days that they have not detailed to us.

In the Rule Machine thread, @bravenel mentions that some Rules (child SmartApps) lost state or settings, apparently temporarily (?), and various users reported the same. That would be similar to what you experienced
 somewhat.

I have the same issue - one out of five dashboards changed URL.

Sorry to hear that. :disappointed:.

@slagle @jodyalbritton
 Is there any details you can share with the Community that would help us understand what specifically is going on that could cause this? As an unofficial SmartApp, I know SmartTiles users can’t expect assistance from Support
 Thanks.?

Hello, I am receiving a message when trying to authenticate with the install: “Client is not associated with a SmartApp in location”

Looking through some other threads, it looks like most of the people having that issue are in the UK, but I am in the US and trying to use the US server, though I did also try the UK server for giggles with the same result.

Possibly a temporary SmartThings issue, or am I doing something wrong?

We’ve seen this from time to time, and usually suspect an issue with SmartThings that is “OAuth” related. But still 
 using the IDE link to your Location, double check to make sure that you do not already have SmartTiles installed: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/location/

Considering the humongous across-the-platform issues currently exhibited by SmartThings, I highly suspect the error you are experiencing is outside of our control until those are resolved.

It shouldn’t hurt to try again from time to time, even if http://status.smartthings.com doesn’t give the “all clear” signal.

Sorry
 what a mess these days, huh? :worried:

1 Like

Roger that. No SmartTiles installed currently. I’ll check once a day or so.

1 Like

People seeing this behavior should pm me so that I can look into their accounts. This is a different issue than others I have seen (urls changing randomly) so I would like to do some investigation.

2 Likes

Thanks, Jody! I’ll try to chat you up (or refer the user to you) if a particular case comes into our support email; Support@SmartTiles.click

I think there are a couple in the queue.

That’s the same issue, Jody. The URL changed because the state data changed, which is used to calculate the URL.

This issue happens periodically across the board. The symptoms are different, but the root cause is the same: state data reverts to a previous state. Sometime it changes back after a day or so.

The last time we have heard of this was in November.

1 Like

Just downloaded this on my galaxy tab and I love it so far.

But I have a question. Is there a way to clear an alert from smart tiles?

Like opening a door when the system is armed and you get the “door intrusion” alert. Can that be cleared someway through smart tiles or do you just have to go back to the Smartthings app to clear it?

Sorry if this has already been covered. I looked and didn’t see it.

No way that we know of. If the API for SHM is ever released, we shall take advantage of it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, Smart Home Monitor (SHM) is a “closed” portion of SmartThings and there is no API for Alerts (etc.) exposed to Community Developers; only to paid partners like Scout.

SHM is an add-on revenue path (monthly fees) for SmartThings, so I don’t expect this to change.

You can perhaps express your feature request to the Developer Advocates (@jody.albritton, @slagle).

I cannot access my Dashboard from the iPhone mobile App, nor create a new one.
Has it something to do with the latest iOS release?

Same here, anyone else experiencing this?

Known issue currently with community parent/child apps - see Check Your Installed Parent/Child Apps

2 Likes

Hey there. I deleted smart tiles while I migrated to v2 over spring break. Migration wasn’t too bad but coincided with the worst than ever smart things server problems. Now I can’t get smart tiles back. I can get all the way to the login now and choose my new location but can’t authorize. Should I just be patient or am I having a unique problem. Thanks!

http://www.smarttiles.click/news/ read this.

On the pre-Install form, there is a new middle bullet for “Region” (after US before UK). Give it a try please?