SmartTiles Dashboard v5.7: Release March 2, 2016

dashboard
release
smarttiles.click
smarttiles

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #97

Can you check now @RBoy, please? Found and fixed a typo (oops!) that might have caused this behavior…

(www.rboyapps.com - Make your home your butler!) #98

Yay! It's back :slight_smile:

(Dean Smith) #99

Hiya - I dont seem to be able to remove the "Blank Tiles" that I randomly clicked on. I can move them about, but cant get them gone?

I click the "X" in the corner and nothing happens.

(Alex) #100

This might be a device specific issue. We will try to figure out the root cause. I presume you are tapping on the X while inside SmartThings mobile app?

Meanwhile, you can edit tile arrangement using any other browser by navigating to /list path of your dashboard, just replace the /ui bit with /list. It should work.

(Dean Smith) #101

Well I removed smarttiles completely and re added it.

I've now got a few more problems -

1 - Not able to access the preferences page - Error "You do not have permission to perform that action"
2 - Unable to rename Dashboard - Error "You do not have permission to perform that action"

And to be honest - The others kind of stem from that.

Any ideas how to remove it completely and try again?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #102

Confirmed Problem (cause and resolution unknown)

SmartTiles is currently encountering problems. We think they may be caused by SmartThings Platform upgrades in progress, but this is unconfirmed speculation at this time. We can't think of any other causes.

Please do not uninstall SmartTiles at this time. It is unlikely to resolve the problem.

Tagging: @slagle and @jodyalbritton...
If Platform upgrade is underway, then please let us know, and also please tell us when the update is done so that we can see if the problem resolves itself. Thank-you!

(Dean Smith) #103

Ahh ok - No problem - Just tried some more, it turns out all I can actually do is the following:

Add things

Nothing else works - Either get the permission issue, or "Unexpected error occurred"

Will let you know how it goes after ST have done their thing.

(Alex) #104

Do not attempt to uninstall the app. Also, hold off for a while making any changes to the preferences or device selection.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #105

We have posted an update our webpage and Twitter:

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #106

@deano12; @ehoffman73 ...

If you happen to be online; we are attempting a fix. At the moment of this posting it applies to the first child only (Whatever was "SmartTiles [1]", ... it may have a different name if you renamed it).

Can you, or anyone in US with [1] see if Preferences Configuration Pages work, please?

This message will be updated if we get more information.

(Andreas A.) #107

First page opens fine for me. All other pages don't (they did open before but showed the generic name instead of what I named them)

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #108

Try again in about 3 minutes.

(Andreas A.) #109

Looks good (at least on my account) :thumbsup:

(Dean Smith) #110

I'm in the UK if that makes a difference?

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #111

HI Dean ... Actually, being in the UK is particularly helpful, as we need to confirm that everything is working OK there too.

• Did you experience the problem yesterday?
  • Regardless... please do let me know if everything appears to be fine now; Thanks!

(Greg) #112

Still experiencing the preferences problem.

I see it has been resolved. Is there something I need to do? Logout/login?

(Kevin) #113

Some Feature Requests from new SmartThings user (finally bought a hub after lurking here for a while):
-option to display last change time on bottom of tiles (for doors/motion sensors), use the tiny font. Smartly display as "10d ago" or "2h 29m ago" for more recent changes
-add some checks to camera URL's, I found that bad URL's could corrupt the whole SmartTile setup (when I pasted URL there was some text and spaces preceding the URL which I couldn't clearly see at first)
-optional(?) thermostat rework, one square tile for whole thermometer instead of 4 (up/dn/cool/heat), maybe a popup like the event list to allow all the thermostat settings (up, down, mode, fan mode)
-"new line" tile similar to the blank tile to force a new row

(Alex) #114

This is a very good idea. I will consider it in the future.

Other items are in the works.

(ActionTiles.com co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #115

What Region are you in? (US, UK, or new US account... NA02).

Do you know how to login to the SmartThings API/IDE and find Installed SmartApps under My Locations and pull up the detail information page for each SmartTiles instance? This diagnostic information would be very helpful. Please do not paste it here... Instead Email: Support@SmartTiles.click

In the meantime, we are continuing to investigate.

(Greg) #116

Thanks @tgauchat. I'm in the US, but it seems like I'm back up now. Do you still want my diagnostic info?