SmartTiles Dashboard v5.6.1: New features (SHM), Bug Fixes, Diagnostics - Dec 11, 2015

(Alex) #162

I want to reiterate the above announcement.

All we want to know if the number of concurrently used dashboards. This statistic is needed to determine back end server requirements for the next version of the product.

All we are collecting a hash key and time stamp, which does not identify a user in any way.

We respect your privacy. This information is for internal statistical analysis only and will never be shared or sold.

(The fish is still dead.) #163

Way to go, Alex and Terry. This is above and beyond for disclosure of this sort of thing, and it’s greatly appreciated.

(Karl Laun) #164

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I’ll discontinue troubleshooting and patiently wait for the return of weather updates.

(Karl Laun) #165

Wow, that was fast! Seems to be functional again. Thanks for all your hard work.

(Carlos Santiago) #166

Yes if I change it back it continues to work,

( co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #167

###SmartTiles v5.6.1: Bugfix / maintenance upgrade being deployed - Saturday 2016-01-30.

The push of this fixes and other maintenance release is currently completed.

• US “Child” Dashboards completed Saturday morning.
  • UK “Child” Dashboards completed Saturday evening.
  • US “Legacy” [0] Dashboards completed Monday morning.

If you have SmartTiles v5.6.x installed via the website, then you will get the upgrade automatically. No action is be required on your part.

If you do not yet have SmartTiles installed;please visit:

This message and the website will be updated shortly with release notes.

Most changes are internal, including some minor anonymous tracking as discussed in post: SmartTiles Dashboard v5.6.1: New features (SHM), Bug Fixes, Diagnostics - Dec 11, 2015

For lastest information, watch this Topic and/or follow us on Twitter: @SmartTiles

(Eric) #168

Many many thanks for the font awesome bump. She looks as glorious as ever!

(Lee Florack) #169

Running 5.6.1 and each time I select ‘Event History’, I get the following error on my iPad: {“error”:true,“type”:“groovy.lang.MissingMethodException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

On my PC - I.E. 11, I get a 'HTTP 500 error.

Thanks for any help.

( co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #170

Thanks… A little bug :bug: seems to have slipped in. :scream:
I’ve reproduced and will update y’all shortly.

(Lee Florack) #171

Excellent! Thanks a lot for your efforts.

( co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #172

Just deployed a bug-fix (:bug: meet :hammer:!!!)… Let me know if it’s working now, please…? Thanks!

(Brian Diehl) #173

It’s now working for me. I was getting the same error before.

(Bob) #174

Working fine for me now. Well done.

(Lee Florack) #175

Working great again! Thank you!

(ocpd+adhd+alz+md+hfa+fms+lol=me :)) #176

Oh my…even though it’s spelled correctly, I first read this as ‘bug meat’.
I thought, “Well, I have done it before (in training), but it’s not my preferred menu item”. lol

Seriously though, I have a glitch and a question…

Quite often, when my Android-based dashbord screens turn on (triggered by motion near them in the room; via SharpTools/Tasker/SecureSettings), the video tile I have on them is blank. Then, I refresh it with the Refresh tile, and then the video stream comes up just fine.

Is there a way to programatically refresh a browser (e.g. with Tasker)?

If so, I could just add it into the Tasker profile to make sure it happens every time the screen gets turned on.

As an alternative, I think I may be able to use a different browser (Dolphin) and a known ‘Tab Refresh’ add-on for it. However, I don’t even have it installed, and have no idea what may or may not be quirky about that browser at all.

( co-founder Terry @ActionTiles; GitHub: @cosmicpuppy; NOT a SmartThings Employee.) #177

I wonder if the video stream “disconnects” during sleep mode. A full refresh works and hopefully a Tasker event (@joshua_lyon might be a good expert contact…) can catch the wake-up and issue that refresh.

Some deep digging into the video protocol might reveal a Javascript event that could refresh video too. Just speculating: Kinda assume that everything as a solution.

(Different Computers. So happy with Indigo.) #178

This would be great as long as the automatically populated dashboards can be disabled if you want to.

(Different Computers. So happy with Indigo.) #179

I didn’t realize this was the thread for suggestions too. Reposting from where I put it originally:

Video Stream tiles that rotate between multiple cameras.
Instead of having a tile for each camera, have a configurable amount of time a given camera is displayed until it switches to the next camera with the next refresh.

Expandable Sensor Device Tiles
Tap on (say) your Open/Close Sensor tile that shows Open/Close, and get a popup for the whole device: Open/Close, Temp, Vibration, Battery, whatever it supports.

Oh, and while I’m at it: What is the camera tile (not the video stream) supposed to do? When I tapped on it the one time I tried, the Foscam C1 stopped responding.

(Alex) #180

Camera tile suppose to trigger Image Capture capability. Check if the same thing happens when you interact with camera directly via ST mobile app.

Love this app. Shame the ST dashboard can’t provide something similar.

Quick question.
My radiator thermostats report a Temperarure to 0.5degressC.
Smarttiles however shows the Setpoint to zero decimal places (Round off decimals in the settings is disabled)

Is this a limitation?