Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

depending on OS… On PC chrome you can right click then open image in new window. just tried iPad chrome and it wouldn’t open with tap or long press. on my android5 cell, long press has open in chrome option that crashes chrome browser for me.

Thanks for the suggestions, I was hoping there was a smart tiles feature to expand the video feed to take advantage of the full tablet screen. No worries.

Not … yet.

Hey guys,

Is it possible to define the overall pixel dimensions of the ENTIRE dashboard?

For example, on my tablet, all the tiles are arranged nicely according to it’s display size,

But I want to define that same display area if I launch on a desktop browser.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

I bet “anything” may be possible in Custom CSS; but I’d wait for next generation SmartTiles “V6” where we’ve introduced “Tile Containers” within a Dashboard. They are only one layout option so far, and I think we will expand layout options over time.

Still… with V6 more than 5 dashboards will be allowed, so creating custom dashboards for different devices will still be the most customized option for a while.

(Beta slots for V6 are mostly allocated to our donors first).

1 Like

One option is to run it as an HTML iFrame from another site. You can easily achieve this within an .HTML file, and a hosting method of your choice (or just open the HTML file on your computer/tablet/phone).

I do this to have a maximum dashboard size between my laptop and work computer, and also to have access to my other often used tools.

Note: I lost my CSS and haven’t gotten around to putting it back together yet, so my dashboard doesn’t look as clean as I’d like anymore.

1 Like

Right, that’s exactly what I"m doing, iframes!!!

However, how do you define the dashboard size in the HTML code? I’ve got the iFrame size, but the iframe that I’m using is also used for other apps, so how do I display the dashboard in the same iframe as another app that needs a larger pixel area?

Does that make sense?

I’m not 100% clear, no. I define the container that the iFrame is in, which then limits the size itself. I’m only using maximums, because I still want to be able to view the same page on my phone/tablets, and I plan on propagating out to individual room pages (personalizing menu bars for each room’s functions and layout) once V6 comes out.

That being said, the specific code I use in my HTML is here:
`

`

I’ll DM you my website, and you can look through my code there for the direct example if that doesn’t help you…

Its not perfect, the code is ugly, and everything on there is pretty specific to my house, but it works for what I want.

1 Like

Hey, I remember a while back there was an issue with the weather tile not auto-updating. I just realized I still have that issue.

Is there a resolution?

Current SmartTiles runs a refresh on the Weather Device every 15/30 minutes I think. Check your Live Logging and SmartApp state / schedule.

I was using a custom DH for the “SmartWeather Station Tile” (added a Refresh method) and it was working on the SmartTiles version with only 1 dashboard, but I had to refresh the Device using another SmartApp.
Since the introduction of SmartTiles (Connect) version I had to create another Device with the stock/ST DH for the “SmartWeather Sation Tile” to use in SmartTiles but I never got it to Refresh.
Sorry, but this does not seem to be working for a long time :frowning:

Dunno… it’s working for me, but it does depend on the SmartThings platform scheduler to be working.

That means you may need to kickstart it by going into each Dashboard configuration and Pressing “Done”. It may even help to remove and re-add the Tile (exit with Done, Done, Done completely all the way out each time).

Other than that, we’re concentrating all our effort on V6.

I’ve already tried to update the Dashboard (pressing “Done”) many times and that did not fix the issue.
Let me try to remove and re-add the Tile.
Thanks.

Yeah me too. Still not working.

Please login to your API/IDE site for SmartThings, go to your Location, SmartApps, and click on the individual SmartTiles Dashboard child SmartApp.

In the detail window that pops up, there should be a section for Scheduled Jobs. That is where refreshWeather() is called; and the execution history is shown. You can also run monitor Live Logging to see log entry when the refresh is run. It is every 15 minutes.

Thought mine wasn’t working either and realized it really is in the mid 80s at 2am :laughing:! Looking forward to V6 keep up the great work!

1 Like

Hi Everyone! I recently installed @bmmiller’s device handler and smart app to integrate my Garageio with my SmartThings hub. I wanted to get a tile on my dashboard to display the current state of my Garage door but I don’t see a tile to support Garage Doors. Is it possibly hidden in a sub-menu and I am missing it or are we still waiting for support for garage doors?
Thanks so much for the help! Loving my new pet project! :smiley:

Yeah, I’ve done this…there are no entries.

However, I found a “workaround”

This dude:

found the bug and created an app and device type that fixes it. if you want to fix it, you may hit him up. VERY smart dude.

I know RBoy,… We converse from time to time.

The thing is, the weather tile SmartTiles hooks into isn’t our responsibility. It comes from SmartThings.

We just added a refresh schedule to SmartTiles as a courtesy.

And, as you also need to be aware, Scheduler issues are a long come & go problem with the SmartThings platform: also something completely outside of our control.

Dude, you guys are doing a great job! No complaints here! I’m totally tracking on the “bug” from ST. First world problems. LOL Keep it up! Killin it!

1 Like