Dashboard Theming (Custom CSS) and Mounting Hardware Ideas

Built my custom mount last night inspired by @huydnguyen as well! The magnets I bought were way too strong so I ended up popping 2 off and now it works much better. I wanted my plate to look as clean as possible so I mounted magnets under the plate and I am hoping I can paint the plate as well. I tested this out in my basement/theater first because I had an easy location where behind the mount is a closet that as outlets so it I didn’t need to add an outlet or box or anything. For my next one I will have to add a recessed usb outlet - I may actually not mount the next one - not sure if my wife will like the mount or not in our main areas. I personally like it in wall and clean but I need access to the tablets in most rooms so I may just be using a simple QI dock for the rest of the house… I went with the Galaxy tab s4 7’s because the size is great, you can find great deals on them, they are rootable and have IR built in so for my theater one I have smarttiles auto load when connected to the wall, then I have access to a remote (and also harmony remote) and then since I rooted it I have AIRPLAY access which my whole home audio is based off of. The one thing I didn’t like with smarttiles is I couldn’t get my 5 cameras to fit the screen with all the tiles to look clean so I got rid of those for now and will just use the blue iris app - maybe see if I can do a split screen when the tablet is mounted… ANYWAYS, here are the pics!

10 Likes