SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

It very nice to be lazy and be in bed and look to see if you closed the garage door, turned a light off upstairs. Come on when motion is noticed or lights turn on when I leave and come home or turn off when I set the mode to “good night”.

Sucks for my kids “when I have them” they won’t be able to sneak out or whatever. Lol

2 Likes

I love your term: SAF. I use SmartTiles so she only has one finger touch to make to turn our house alarm on/off. If she had two finger touches to make, I don’t think she would do it.

2 Likes

I am requesting recommendations on SmartThings hub v2. I am using their hub v1. It is worth the trouble to buy V2? What am I getting? Do I have to totally reconfigure the new hub?
Thanks in advance!

Hey guys! Great work. I’m using my dashboard on a google nexus 7 running Chrome.

Everything is great! However, the bottom is just a BIT too big…how do I edit the height ONLY of all the tiles so that they fit perfect… I see that I can add &t=120 at the end of my dashboard link, but what’s the default size so I know where to start?

?

Thanks,

There is an option to change tile size in SmartApp preferences or you can change &t=120 to a different value. Tiles can only be square or multiples of the base square.

1 Like

If you get a different hub, you have to set up everything from scratch. SmartTiles will not be able to take advantage of local processing of Hub V2.

@625alex , Right, some are square and some are rectangle in my current config. I’m not sure what you mean by “muliples of the base square”, but just need to know if I can edit the height ONLY. If not, cool, just a minor tweak.

I see on gihub the source is closed. I didn’t see the update source. This may be a dumb question but how do I update a manual install now? I have 3 instances running so I have to use the manual method.

Thanks… Steve

@625alex imagine your great app on the iPad pro in full glory!

1 Like

My favorite thing is pathway lights. I also use the echo for voice control. So I can say “Alexa, turn on bedtime” and a pathway of light turns on from the living room to my bedroom.

Then after I’m in bed, I can say “Alexa, turn off bedtime” and all the same lights turn off.

There’s no mechanical switch equivalent for pathway lights. :sunglasses:

1 Like

How many millions of pixels?

5.something! That’s a lot of tiles.

Imagine that sucker as a wall-mount!

I my minds eye it looks like 8 one hundred dollar bills with tacks plugged into the wall. Seriously gorgeous devices tho.

2 Likes

What I think he means is that you can have the basic square size or double that square size horizontally (making it a rectangle) or triple that square size horizontally (making an even wider rectangle). Those are multiples of the basic square sizing.

1 Like

Right, I understand that…so there is no way to edit the height pixels ONLY? Correct?

Not that i have found. Have you tried adding the t=120 at the end of the url for the dashboard and then working down successively. i.e. t=119 etc etc…

Alex, Thanks. I will stick with V1 right now.

1 Like

Yes, and I get at HTTP 500 error: "type Exception report

message Cannot get property ‘authentication’ on null object

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request."

??

&t=120 not just =120 . Works on chrome and Firefox and safari for me. Are you using some else?

Ahh, yes. Sorry. I’m using Chrome on a Nexus tablet…I can adjust the number at the end, but chrome auto formats the tiles and rearranges them. oof.

I guess this is a lost cause.

Thanks for the help gents.