Smartthings wifi mesh router Hub loss zwave functionality

Hi everyone, I’m reaching out to see if anyone else is having the same issue I have.

About a month ago a new firmware update was released for the Smartthings Wifi Mesh Router’s Hub cover in this thread: Samsung Connect Home/SmartThings WiFi Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.52.21
Among the updates was “Fixed a rare case where Hubs would lose their Z-Wave functionality and not recover unless rebooted.”

In my case, I didn’t had this issue but I started to have it after my hub received the update. Now almost every day out of the blue all my zwave devices disconnect and they only connect again after rebooting my hub.

Does anyone else had experience this? Any recommendations or solutions? Reboot the hub every day is awful and more so as having the smartthings wifi which makes rebooting the hub also rebooting the router

I would definitely recommend contacting ST support to let them investigate if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

Already made a report in the Members app, but the response normally take a while, thanks jkp for the reply!!

1 Like

Hi, @EB_1
Could you provide more details about this case, please?

1. So, all of your devices go offline at the same time?
  2. Have you tried to control/trigger a new event in any of those devices marked offline to see if they respond?
  3. Confirm the email account registered in the forum is the same one you use for SmartThings. If not, please share it with me over DM
  4. Enable support access to your account:
  1. Go to the SmartThings Web (my.smartthings.com)
  2. Log in to your Samsung Account
  3. Select Menu (⋮) and choose Settings
  4. Toggle on Account Data Access
  5. Select the time period and confirm - In this step, please select “Until turned off”, once the team finishes, we’ll let you know so you can disable it again.

Thank you very much for responding nayelyz, here the replies to your questions:

1. Yes all zwave devices go offline at the same time, all other devices (zigbee, wifi) stay connected
  2. Yes I have tried to control several zwave devices when they go offline to see if is something wrong with the app, but they do not function (I have tried with switches, motion sensors and door sensor, they do not respond.
  3. Yes is the same account.
  4. Done

P.S.: the zwave devices are offline right now, this is happening every day.

Hi, @EB_1
Thank you so much for this information, I already shared it with the engineering team. I’ll let you know once we have more information.
Just to take advantage of the current state of the hub, could you send the hub logs by following the steps below, please?

1. In the physical Hub, push the reset hole shortly (less than 1 second)
  2. This will upload the log to the server, so, we need the timestamp on when you did this process, for example, 18:00 CST
1 Like

Thank!, done, 16:48 CST

1 Like