Smartthings WIFI Mesh Hub, Edge drivers

Was wondering if Anyone has gotten Edge drivers to work with Smartthings WIFI system yet?

I have three puck setup. Developer mode is on. I’ve enabled some Drivers and can see them installed on the hub under my hubs details page. But not able to scan and find any. I’ve tried Virtual Devices, Zwave range extenders and ZigBee Contact.

1 Like

Tagging @nayelyz

2 Likes

Thank you for sending this along @JDRoberts

1 Like

Please check my comment in this post:

There’s no update yet regarding this kind of devices but I will add you to the list of Community members that I will notify when there’s an announcement about it.
In the meantime, I suggest you stay tuned on the Announcements section and the SmartThings newsletter (subscribe at the bottom of this page)

Thank you for tagging me, @JDRoberts :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you @nayelyz

1 Like

Any news about Edge drivers in wifi hubs?

Thank you @Luis_Mijares for inquiring on this. I asked this question not too long ago. Here is the response. @nayelyz was wondering if you wanted to also add Luis to the Community members notifications on this.
Announcement | SmartThings Edge for Devices and Automations - #271 by nayelyz

2 Likes

I was hoping that you could give an update on the Edge functionality on the SmartThings WiFi devices. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Sorry for not replying before, I added him to the list when you mentioned it to me.

Hi! There’s no feedback about that yet . That’s why I’m adding those interested to a list so I can tag everyone when the team provides more info.
I already added you as well.

2 Likes

Thanks for that

2 Likes

I’m starting to get concerned about these hubs actually being added to the Edge Drivers update. It’s been more than half a year without updates and that is definitely not encouraging. I guess our only option is to keep on waiting and see if eventually it happens…

1 Like

To be honest, I’m more concerned about the fact that no partner has signed up to manufacture it. (Aeotec is the partner for multiple regions for the regular hub, but not the Wi-Fi mesh version.)

It just feels like an “end of life” product to me, but maybe I’m wrong. :thinking:

2 Likes

As I have the WiFi version, I am very interested if these are going to be supported going forward. Disappointing there is still no Edge support. @nayelyz please add me to the list to be tagged when aa solution is developed. thank you.

2 Likes

All my hubs are down and not connecting to the internet, but my internet is working. In the SmartThings App it says this. I have no idea what that means, there’s no options to do software update and its been like this for sometime

So, when you select “OK” it doesn’t do anything?

For issues like this, please get in touch with SmartThings Customer Support, they can review the issue and guide you better. It can be done by following these steps:

1. Enter this page
  2. Click on “Support” in the upper-right corner
  3. Check if the URL includes your region. For example, en-us here: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
  4. At the bottom, select “email” and describe your issue as detailed as possible.
  5. Click on “submit”
1 Like

Is there Any update on edge for smartthings wifi?

2 Likes

Please add me to your notification list also. Thanks

Not yet. There will be an announcement later on about when the corresponding updates will take place in those devices to support Edge.
I already added you both, @Robert_Singh and @Geoffs to the list of interested people.

1 Like

So why does that even exist when there has been no updates for SmartThings wifi. Today my network has went down again and it saying the same thing for my hubs. Saying that a firmware update is available. Why is there even logic for a firmware update when there literally has been no update for it. My options are to click ok and nothing happens