I am new here (and to HA) and hoping that someone might be able to help. I am trying to decide on what system to go with and had a lot of questions. Based on what I’ve researched so far, I’m most interested in these options:
- Ninja blocks. I like their open-source approach, low cost, and what looks like an elegent and extensible rules engine. But my concern is that it may be too early and the system lacks a robust dev community and device support (in particular, not being able to use zwave devices easily)
- SmartThings. Seems like a good system, but not sure I’ll be able to easily create and manage the kinds of rules I want. I also am concerned about dependency on internet access, as this is for a house in the mountains with spotty internet
- Vera Lite or Vera 3. I like the fact that it has what looks like a pretty robust community and lots of people using it. But people seem generally agreed that the UI is bad and can be difficult to use
- I haven’t looked as much at other systems (insteon, homeseer, etc). most seem generally outdated and/or hard to use. Are they worth looking at?
My anticipated use is fairly straightforward. It would be for a vacation home that we sometimes rent.
- Door locks with temp passcodes enabled remotely
- Cameras, motion sensors, door sensors
- “Startup” house on arrival (unlock doors, turn on heat, turn on lights, turn on hot tub, turn on water)
- “Shutdown” house when empty (reverse of above)
- alarm if activity w/o presence token?
- Turn on ceiling fan when outside temp above 80
- get text message each time visitor door code is used or door opens w/o passcode
- manual on/off of pump and heat with 1 button remote
- cycle pump (no heat) 30 mins twice a day
- turn on heat and pump for 5 mins every half hour when air temp is below 32
- turn off after 10 pm if no-one in area
some of the comoponents I am considering:
Intermatic CA3750 InTouch Wireless Multi-Volt 120-277VAC Contactor Module
Aeotec DSB05xxx-ZWUS Z-Wave Muliti Sensor, 2nd Edition
Kwikset 912 Z-Wave Tustin SmartCode Electronic Lever featuring SmartKey in Venetian Bronze
SmartThings Know and Control Your Home Kit
Is SmartThings capable of handling that type of automation?
Any comments are truly appreciated!!