SmartThings vs. Hue+ST vs. C4/Crestron/RTI for All-RGBWW Home

Thanks. Well I guess the first question is…can SharpTools or similar dashboards actually replace light switches and dimmers?

The pictures you posted, and in the Sharptools , actiontiles or native ST app for your wall panel? (2019) thread, show an awful lot of pics of SharpTools or similar running on tablets adjacent to one or more switches and dimmers, not replacing those switches and dimmers. I am looking for a setup where the original switches and dimmers go away entirely.

In my old home I actually have an iPod Touch mounted to the wall in a VidaMount, completing replacing a wall switch. It works well for controlling LIFX lights, and for doing other home automation things. However, it’s a bit too complicated for guests who do not know what they are doing. I think they can manage a color wheel plus buttons (by ignoring the wheel and going straight for the buttons) but I think a dashboard may be just too much–even a dashboard with only two or three buttons configured.

Ironically we removed the iPod Touch from the wall mount yesterday because we wanted to use the iPod Touch for regular purposes. So now there is an empty mount until we put the iPod Touch back. :grin:

I am not saying a dashboard is bad, but I am suggesting that replacing 10 wall switches in 10 rooms with 10 dashboards may be “too complicated” for everyone who may pass through the house. I can definitely envison a few dashboards around the place, but probably not to replace every last switch and dimmer.

Has anyone tried the Brilliant Smart Home Control in a whole home environment?