Smartthings tv screen view

Yes exactly. It still doesn’t work. (TV Q9FN) ver. ST 1.0.163 (24.07.2020)

+1
I have also had this issue for a while on my Q9FN TV (“preview” not working, while the app itself is working).
Strange that Samsung can’t get their own apps working correctly on a Samsung TV.

No Brad, the 6 series has the old huge banner that never worked for smartthings in the app section, the newer 7 series I have did have the new st app shown above in screenshots, it refused to connect to Samsung’s server and then got removed from the app section completely, I look for it frequently in case it re appears but To date it is still MIA

TV software update fixed the problem. q9fn 1300.4

I am still getting the error on both my new samsung TV’s - No registered scenes and devices. No updates to the TV are available.

I just updated my q9fn to 1300, and it fixed my problem too. Finally :slight_smile:
BTW, I had to manually search for the update - it didn’t automatically update.

Correction:
With version 1300, the preview is back. However, it doesn’t function like it used to.

Before (6 months ago?) I could click a scene on the preview to launch the scene, then return quickly to the app I was using without interrupting whatever I was watching.
Now, when I click a scene, it opens up the Smartthings app to launch the scene. Which makes it so much less useful, as it interrupts whatever you are watching.

Does Samsung have any release information for version 1300 somewhere? Or a blog post that explains why they decided to degrade this software?

edit: Now it is (for some reason) working just like it used to - I can run scenes without opening the actual app. :slight_smile:

I couldn’t find the firmware to downgrade mine - running 1301.4 and that is the only version available for download off the web.

Anyone have a fix for this? All I get is the no registered scenes and devices when I open Smartthings on my new TV. The TV is two weeks old and I specifically purchased a Samsung TV to use with Smartthings… I’ve checked everything, reset the smart hub etc. The model number is QN65Q60TAFXZA. Im getting ready to take it back to Best Buy and get the Vizio I originally wanted.

Hi, I think i found something interesting that could help someone.
I bought 43q65t QLED TV few days ago. I logged in TV with my Samsung account and Smartthings app on TV showed my 5 scenes and all devices, and everything was working fine until yesterday when i noticed message no registered scenes and devices. Smartthings was working fine on all my devices (Garmin watch, Android auto, phones, tablets, Alexa… ) and my new TV was still controllable from all of them, but I lost possibility to control deviced and scenes from Smartthings app on TV. While i was investigating what happened i’ve noticed that voice commands (“run scene”) were still working. Bixby offered me my scenes, although they were not available in Smartthings app, and I could choose which one to run, all except the last one that I made yesterday. Then i tried to erease that last scene that i made yesterday, that was missing in voice activation, and after that all scenes and devices came back. I was playing a little after that with making and erasing scenes in Smartthings app on mobile phone and noticed that aftet every new scene that i make i lose all my Scenes and devices from Smartthings app on TV, even when i was making again old scene after deleting it, so I ended up eith just 3 scenes and without possibility of making new one without losing everything from Smartthings app on TV.

My Q80T was working perfectly until a few days ago, when all the devices in the TV smartthings app went missing. Shows I’m still logged in but states there are no devices connected.

TV appears and is working fine in the smartthings mobile app.

Anyone offer anything of interest?

Can’t offer anything of interest but I have the same issue with all three TV’s, they all worked a few weeks ago and now all say no devices

1 Like

Wondering if we can get a whitelist for this feature. My Pi-Hole installation seems to be killing this from working. What is the server whitelist here?