SmartThings (Samsung Connect) UI Update - Android 1.7.27-25, iOS 1.6.27

Click the three dots and then Manage Home.

1 Like

LOL all previous instructions I have provided to others on this forum over the past year are no longer valid in regards to using STSC :slight_smile:

Blame Apple for that!!! :slight_smile: Cough, cough Home

I like the app 100 times better than the older version of New app. Nice move, in my opinion. At least you can rearrange things the way you want and hide devices too. Good work!

Thanks. I wish there was a way to change it from the dashboard. It should do it through automations but my presence sensing doesn’t always work as it should. Hopefully this update fixes that

1 Like

A few people have commented that the ‘Devices’ page is just a bit list of all devices. That’s true, but you can at least group by room. Tap the three dots in the top right > Sort By > Rooms.

(This is one reason I HATE the overflow menu - useful features get totally hidden)

One thing that is missing for me is the ability to display devices by service. I want to see all my lighting in one place, same with all my cameras, sensors, switches etc. I really like the way the Fibaro app does this - you get convenient all on/off control of rooms or the whole home without needing to create tons of scenes. Shame this sort of thing isn’t here.

Also, room limit of 20 is clearly arbitrary and ridiculous.

On a positive note - it’s much better than the previous version IMHO (although still not at parity with Classic). For me it’s faster overall, but seems to want to reload devices every time it’s launched.

Still sux.

I’ve been using Rooms as a grouping method and it makes since that the New App is focusing attention there. However, you shouldn’t have to go in another layer to get an overview of what’s going on in a particular Room.

For example:

My HVAC Room list the temp and humidity readings for various sensors throughout the house. In the Classic App, these are displayed on the tiles giving you a good overview.

In the New App, it just says what they are with no readings
WTF!!! This just makes no sense at all.

Also, devices that I know are using stock DTH are showing as disconnected and uncontrollable in the New App but work just fine in the Classic App.

Overall, I like the new layout. At least they are listening.

1 Like

If they added an option in the 3 dot options box for ‘list view by room’ list view by connection’ list view by status’ and also ‘select default view’ that would most definately get a big thumbs up from users who are looking for a similar look to classic with a modern twist

Forcing those pointless unhelpful boxs on users gets a thumbs down

Disclaimer
 i am a UI nutcase who has designed front ends exactly like connect in the past
 it has a crap load of potential but will the levels above design sanction changes
 usually not which crushes flair and imagination, something most apps lack

2 Likes

Has no one said it yet or did I miss it
? Does the “dashboard” not look like a pretty close replica to the Apple “Home” app, of which I think is extremely confusing/clunky to use/setup
?

I’m not seeing this limit. I have 26 rooms. I am on iOS.

2 Likes

I have more than the 20 as well. I believe the limit is trying to create them in the New App. You can create more than 20 in the Classic App and those would be ported over to the New App.

2 Likes

Ah, got ya. Thanks.

2 Likes

Good to know!

1 Like

They are rolling out IOS update now
Awesome! version 1.6.27

Frequent crashes on start up for me (iOS).

My initial reactions are positive. Lots of improvements over the Former STSC app. (Was that the middle child app that nobody likes and will forget about eventually). Definitely some bugs like not saving wallpapers and reorders. Speed is a definite improvement. Would love to see a beta program where users could report bugs and problems. Being able to configure specific information on a device tile would be great, as well as a history page for a single device. A big step in parity, good to see them putting in some effort!

Updated on iOS, power cycled ST hub:

• ST Hub connected
  • HUE Hub connected
  • all OEM devices (motion, sensor) status show as ‘Disconnected’
  • All HUE bulbs show as ‘Connected’ and are operational

Controller version on ST devices: 16300-3.0.10

Very annoying that existing rooms don’t migrate over, and that SHM needs to be setup again.

1 Like

Newbie here from Iris
 Set up ST & Echo yesterday got everything working and went to bed. Got up and and checked ST and all that came up was a new home screen and asking to add devices
Oh No!!! Went to Echo and found all my devices still there (Yeah!). Went back and found I had a new update then found out that it moved me to home(1) for some reason? Anyway got back to my location and walaa it’s still there!! New version looks a whole lot better to me!!
Dear ST don’t scare me like that!! I’m old school!! Had to get rid of my flip phone and that scared me!!! But the update does look good!!

Contact ST support and ask them to sync your data. Or you can try going into settings for each room in the Classic app and saving the room and see if they show in STSC.

1 Like

I use the Apple home app every day. I find the Apple app to be not confusing, not clunky, and easy to use. ( it also works really well with voiceover.) :sunglasses: But different things work for different people.

4 Likes