SmartThings (Samsung Connect) UI Update - Android 1.7.27-25, iOS 1.6.27

I literally have to look at the screen for 2 minutes before I am able to scroll through the list of devices. It just says checking status and the screen is stuck.

Also, why can’t you see if stuff is on/off without having to go into the tile? :thinking:

I just don’t understand…I am literally flabbergasted. :weary:

Meanwhile, everything is working perfect for me in the Classic App. :man_shrugging:t5:

2 Likes

Nice plant… lmao

2 Likes

Hey - don’t knock the plant! It probably took months to choose/discuss and finalize the use of it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So one came with my stat then I bought a pair then my company started to rep them so I got two more pairs for free. :slight_smile:. Then they stopped repping them (low sales) and I picked up another pair when Lowe’s had them on sale for half price.

So 9 and can probably use 2 more.

When I open the app it frequently gets stuck, I guess while it is updating statuses, and makes it a poor user experience. I believe the classic app, at some stage, was also having issues where things were not cached (or whatever the issue was but it seemed like it was a caching issue). Hopefully this will get addressed in the new app as well because it is super annoying.

I’ve noticed that some devices with custom DTHs just have a dash where the status usually appears. With those I have to open the tile and then control it from within. I am guessing there is some extra code (OCF?) that needs to be added to the DTH to make it work properly. I have not checked to see if any of my custom DTH devices work properly, but if they do, then it may be simple to update the ones that do not by copying whatever additional code is in the DTHs that work. When I get some time I’ll tinker with it.

They show on/off, open/close, etc on the tile if you use a default handler or properly coded custom handler.

3 Likes

Im seeing strange things in the new app. In seeing gaps in the notification/activity feed…missing time. When my wife leaves, bas3d on her phone certian automatons kick in but nothing changes when she comes back. It knows she left but it doesn’t recognize when shes back. I dont see when i left or arrive in the new app but my presence is listed in the old app. I ser up a simple automation based on motion when my daughters nurse xomes ro the
…nothing…doesn’t work. I just dont get it.

I did call support…over an hour waiting time so i setup a call back & thats over a 2 hour waiting time.

I got the new stsc app installed. I created a new scene in it. then deleted the scene. the deleted scene is now gone in Scenes & favs. problem is the scene name still appears on my homepage in the new app. when I click on it, screen says “can’t connect to device. check device and try again”. I cleared the cache, but did not help. If I create a new location, the icon is gone, but then I have to reload all devices and scenes. how do I delete this left over artifact on my home page? I have an open ticket with smartthings, but have not received a response.

1. try logging out and logging back in
  2. force quit the app and reopen

how do I log out?

Click on the three bars in the upper left on the screen, then click on your account listed at the top

the only option I see is “remove account”

Is the new acting up right now? Everything seems fine in the old app but in the new app, everything appears the everything stars checking status.

I do not see that. At the top, I see the cog in the upper right, below that I see my name and email address. When I click on that, there is the option to sign out. I should mention I am using iOS so possible there is a difference between it and Android.

3rd option - delete the app and do a fresh install

if I do a fresh install, how do I migrate everything over from st classic? I have an android.

With a fresh install of STSC, you login as you had previously.

and everything migrates over?

I am getting lost. When you logged into STSC previously, were your hub and devices not showing in the app?

when I was going to create a new home location, no hub or devices showed up in the new home location